Does anyone have a new ONT unit that does not make a beeping sound if you unplug the battery?
NickZQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi everyone,

Anyone here that have a Verizon FiOS ONT unit that doesn't beep when you unplug the battery? 

Apparently the new unit alarm noise is supposed to turn off when you remove the battery. 

FiOS ONT Battery

I have an older model that continuously beeps if the battery is bad and if it's unplug.  Basically, the box demands a new battery.

I called Verizon and asked them to install a new ONT Battery box because I believe the new one won't beep if the battery is unplug via their instructions.  They are coming in a couple of days.

I just want some confirmation from users that the new box doesn't make the beeping noise if the battery is unplug.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone have a new ONT unit that does not make a beeping sound if you unplug the battery?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some of the On'ts don't beep now. And its not necessary the newer ones don't beep but the older ones beep.

Supposively working on fixes for all of them to disable beeping if you unplug the battery.

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone have a new ONT unit that does not make a beeping sound if you unplug the battery?
JoeMan1
Enthusiast - Level 2
You can now opt out of the battery at the time of install, if you do then the tech should disable the alarm at that time. Otherwise you can disable the alarm by removing the batter and THEN rebooting the system by unplugging the power supply while the battery is unplugged. you plug it back in and the system reboots and it should recognize there is no battery upon reboot and then it should not beep anymore. If it does still beep then yeah your going to need that dispatch.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The new BBUs come with firmware that do not beep if the battery is missing.

0 Likes