does Netgear N600 (C3700) modem/router works for Verizon Fios?
Dushyant

I'am new customer with verizon and I'm tyring to use my own modem/router but Iam not getting any connection on my Netgear modem. Is there any solution? 

Technician came yesterday and he made sure that we have connection. 

0 Likes
Re: does Netgear N600 (C3700) modem/router works for Verizon Fios?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Is your router (it's not a modem) connected to your FiOS ONT via Ethernet? 

Did the original installation include a Verizon provided router that you're trying to replace?

How did the tech check to make sure you had a connection?   Did he know you were using an Ethernet feed to your router, rather than the standard coax connection most FiOS installations use?

0 Likes
Dushyant

Yes my FIOS is connected via COX cable.

Tech check with is own (Verizon) router and he told me that he activated my account. After he got done activation then the took router back with him.

After that I 'm trying to get internet connection on my modem but not connection at all.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Still trying to understand your situation.

Is COX cable left over from your previous service, and it's what running from your ONT to where your router is located?

Do you have FiOS TV service, or just Internet?

If you just have Internet, you don't have a Verizon provided router, and you want to use your Netgear router, you have to have Ethernet cable run from your ONT to your router, and you have to get Verion to activate Ethernet output on your ONT.

Understand that in a standard FiOS installation the Verizon router is fed via coax from the ONT.  Ethernet can be used instead but the the ONT has to be specifically activated for Ethernet out and Ethernet cable has to be run to feed your non MoCA (coax input) router.

Does that help any?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

If you answer the questions that have been posted, you'll get better suggestions.

FiOS does not use modems.  Cable modems like the Netgear C3700 do not work with FiOS.  You can't use it.

FiOS can provide the WAN connection over coax using a technology called MoCA which is very different than what cable modems use.  FiOS can also use Ethernet for the WAN connection.

The WAN connection comes from the ONT.  Verizon can configure the ONT for MoCA or Ehternet WAN.  Only Verizon can change the WAN port.  They will do this for you via phone or chat.

Verizon routers are the only readily available devices with MoCA WAN ports.  This is a coax port, but that does not make the device a modem.

A non Verizon router can be used with an Ethernet connection.

If you have FiOS TV service, you pretty much need a Verizon router.  It supplies the communication path for guide data, VOD streams, and other set-top management functions.

Verizon does not provide any support (zero, nada, zilch) for customers using non-Verizon routers.  You can use a non-Verizon router, but don't bother asking Verizon for help.  Instead, read user groups like this one and find faqs like the one below to learn more.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

Enjoy.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Dushyant wrote:

Yes my FIOS is connected via COX cable.

Tech check with is own (Verizon) router and he told me that he activated my account. After he got done activation then the took router back with him.

After that I 'm trying to get internet connection on my modem but not connection at all.

Presumably by COX you mean coax? However if it is coax then the tech must have left you with a Verizon router.
If the tech did not leave you a Verizon router then you must be an internet only account in which case you can just connect your Netgear N600 from the ONT ethernet port to your router's WAN port - NO modem is needed.
0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@viafax999 wrote:
If the tech did not leave you a Verizon router then you must be an internet only account in which case you can just connect your Netgear N600 from the ONT ethernet port to your router's WAN port - NO modem is needed.

The OP said they have a Netgear N600 C3700 device.  This is an integrated cable modem, router and WiFi AP unit.  There doesn't appear to be a WAN port on it.  I see no way to use this device on FiOS.

If the OP has more questions, I hope he or she posts back.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah yes.  I see they do make a combined device, I had assumed by the bracketed c3700 that they meant 2 seperate devices.
Agreed it won't work as the wan connection on that device woule be internal.

In that case the installer should have provided the op with a Verizon router and I would suggest that they just contact vz and ask for one.  However as they would probably be provided with a monthly rental unit they may well be better off getting their own router or buying an old one off of ebay.

0 Likes