DON'T DO IT!!!
stopplease

VERIZON FOIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AT BEST AN ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE TRAGIC. DON'T GET VERIZON FIOS ANYTHING. THEY OFFERED FRAUDULENT PROMOTIONS AND WHEN YOU GET YOUR BILL ITS OVER $300, NOW WHEN YOU CALL THEY KEEP TRANSFERRING YOU OVER AND OVER SO BASICALLY NO ONE WILL TAKE ACTION. NEXT THEY WILL TELL YOU A SUPERVISOR WILL CALL YOU BUT THEY NEVER EVER EVER CALL YOU BACK. I'M STILL WAITING ON A SUPERVISOR TO REACH ME SINCE AUGUST. I HATE, DESPISE VERIZON FIOS PRODUCT. THE ACTUAL PRODUCT IS GOOD BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. I MY FIRST BILL WAS OVER $300 AND I HAD TO PAY IT BECAUSE I HAD ALREADY SIGN A CONTRACT TO WHICH YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF UNLESS YOU PAY ANOTHER $200. SO IF YOU DO GET SERVICES RECORD THE CONVERSATION {please keep your posts courteous} BE WARE OF THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT {edited for privacy} THANKS.

0 Likes
Re: DON'T DO IT!!!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Just to give balance to this. Right here is a person that recommends and uses Verizon. Granted occasionally you get someone on the phone who is rude or inept. But what company doesn't have the occasional bad apple. For the most part I have only reached people that are friendly and know their job. I have had issues with my service on occasion, but I've always been able to call in and get it straightened out. Yes I have reached people on the line that have made me mad. I've had this on every company I've ever used, not just the cable company either. Some people are just idiots. You find them everywhere. When that happens, I just hang up, call back and get the more common friendly person who will get me taken care of. Yes, some things with Verizon take time. It doesn't happen instantly. But if you understand that going in you will not be surprised. Verizon fios is unmatched in what it offers and you cannot get anything even close to the services being offered anywhere else. I've never had an issue big enough to make me reconsider fios. Everyone has issues, major or minor. And on occasion it will take a while to get taken care of. But it DOES get taken care of eventually.

The post above is very vague as to what his problem is. He rages over a $300 bill on the first month, but doesn't say what it was for. Install off extra TV cables maybe? The pro-rated bill (Verizon bills one month in advance so your first bill is the partial bill to get you on the billing cycle and then a full month.) First bill is always higher than the normal bill. How many services are involved. TV, Telephone, Internet, Cell phones all or any can be on the bill. If you are waiting for a supervisor to call since August. You are going to be waiting a long time. No company keeps a ticket open that long. Call them back. And as for the promotions, if it is advertised and you meet the requirements (make sure to read the fine print) then you will get them. A lot of people claimed that Verizon was not honoring the promotions last year, they even filed a class action law suit. I forget which state it was in, I think it was Virginia or Maryland. And once the Attorney General of that state looked into it, found that every person on that class action suit had either received the promotion exactly as promised or was not qualified from the beginning.

Yes you want to be very careful of what company that you use. But also remember that for the most part, while these boards and forums are a good source of information, they also only contain the people having issues for the most part. Very few of the people like me that think that the Verizon service is great, post about it. There may be hundreds here posting about all the problems that they are having, but what of the MILLIONS that have Verizon service that have no issues what so ever? If Verizon was really as bad as some of the people posting on boards like this say they are, Verizon would be out of business, instead of showing profit and expanding.

Just another view on this issue

Rut
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nicely put spacedebris.  For anyone out there contemplating Verizon service of any sort, I personally have had nothing but good experiances.  As spacedebris mentioned, any business is going to have its poor employees not representing the company as well as the company wishes.  What can ya do though. 

I will tell you that I am in the process of having Verizon FiOS installed at my residence, and both the sales end and the technician end have been wonderful.  The day of installation I realized I was not ready for installation when the tech showed up.  He was very understanding, and even left me with some supplies to help me finish prepping my telecom closet.

Furthermore, the line bury crew did such a neat job replacing the sod that I literally had a very difficult time seeing where they buried the fiber.  And that is saying a lot considering I am a green thumb and keep a rather beautiful lawn and garden.   

So A+ in my book Verizon.  Nothing's perfect, and Verizon is bound to make a mistake or two.  But thus far they have my trust. 

Heck, if you want truly poor service, try Comcast for a while. 

Cheers...

Rusty

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

VZ Fios has it's fair share of upset customers, but conversely it has it's fair share of excited and satisfied customers.

when purchasing anything, you should check out reviews,   reviews seem pretty even handed at dsl reports.com, most customer experiences seem pretty positive with your few exceptions.   

prisaz
Legend

@stopplease wrote:

VERIZON FOIS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AT BEST AN ABSOLUTE HORRIBLE TRAGIC. DON'T GET VERIZON FIOS ANYTHING. THEY OFFERED FRAUDULENT PROMOTIONS AND WHEN YOU GET YOUR BILL ITS OVER $300, NOW WHEN YOU CALL THEY KEEP TRANSFERRING YOU OVER AND OVER SO BASICALLY NO ONE WILL TAKE ACTION. NEXT THEY WILL TELL YOU A SUPERVISOR WILL CALL YOU BUT THEY NEVER EVER EVER CALL YOU BACK. I'M STILL WAITING ON A SUPERVISOR TO REACH ME SINCE AUGUST. I HATE, DESPISE VERIZON FIOS PRODUCT. THE ACTUAL PRODUCT IS GOOD BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. I MY FIRST BILL WAS OVER $300 AND I HAD TO PAY IT BECAUSE I HAD ALREADY SIGN A CONTRACT TO WHICH YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF UNLESS YOU PAY ANOTHER $200. SO IF YOU DO GET SERVICES RECORD THE CONVERSATION {please keep your posts courteous} BE WARE OF THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT {edited for privacy} THANKS.

I loves my FIOS. Are you screaming or is your keyboard broke?

Why don't you send one of the nice Verizon people here a private Email and explain your issues. It may be a simple thing to get fixed. Perhaps kalin that edited you post. You can send a PM from the persons page by double clicking the user name and selecting send private mail on that page. There are many good Verizon people here that are more than willing to help. Yes there are idiots in every company, but all the best Verizon people are here.

I have seen where a customer was double billed, billed for a service that was part of the package. I have not heard of it lately, but it is easy to spot and easy to fix.Smiley Happy

0 Likes