Download speed drops to 0kbps
hpeskin

So basically I've been having an ongoing issue since the first of june 2014.

I moved into a new apartment on June 1 and started trying to play League of Legends.  Unfortunately, I was constantly getting a ping of 135 m/s. Around June 7 I called up tech support and they told me it was probably just the game I was playing, they told me to do the basic stuff.  Turn off the router, check to make sure you connection is wired (it is before anyone suggests this).

So I started playing a different game, this time I was playing Diablo.  Still got the same problem, 135 m/s every time I was on the game.  This time I called up talked to someone in tech support again.  They told me the problem was likely related to some construction in the area because they ran all the tests on my router and it was all coming up normal.  They told me to wait 48 hours.

48 hours later I called up and complained again.  My speedtest.net was still showing 9 ping 85 dl 35 ul.    They had me go to cmd and run tracert www.leagueoflegends.com.  Quite a few hops were timing out.  They changed the channel I was on and got me a new ip.  They also had me run diagnostics and "optimize my computer".  Nothing helps.  They take about 40 minutes of running tests to tell me they didn't know.

Around this time I stopped being able to download large files.  There was one day in particular where League of Legends had to patch and it went from 2000 kbps to 0 within a minute.  It would stay at 0 until I restarted the client.  I tried other downloads.  Itunes would stop at around 40%.  I tried downloading a new driver for my video card.  Same thing.  Tried downloading a new game, same thing.  The downloads weren't working.  They tried telling me it was my equipment so I was seriously contemplating reformating my computer.

Next time I called up I told them everything again and also told them that I had tried this on multiple devices (my laptop, my girlfriends laptop) in addition to my desktop.  They all had the same result, none were working.  I disabled my anti virus, I disabled my firewall.  Nothing.  They said finally they were going to send someone over to fix the issue.

On June 19 a ticket was created to have someone dispatched between 3-7pm on June 20.  I take off work miss out on a full days pay, the guy doesn't show, doesn't even give me notice that he won't be showing.  I call up and scream, they send a guy for the 21st.  Guy shows up, replaces the router, replaces the ONT, breaks the lease and calls up verizon.  They say everything is good on their end so it must be my stuff. Guy leaves and tells me I need to contact tier 2.

I call up on the 24th, ask to speak to tier 2 (engineers) because I'm still getting this issue.  They tell me customers can't speak to engineers.  They also tell me that everything is still showing up fine on their end. I assume all they are really doing is checking the speedtest though.  The people I am speaking to seem completely incompetent.  I tell them that i've been calling up for a month and they tell me to check my wired connection every time, as if I'd still be calling if that were the fix... This time the guy asks me to hold on because he wants to check if the ports are running at 100% on the router.  I tell him that this is a brand new router and the issue is ongoing, I ask why it would still be recurring.  He agrees says it wouldn't.  Now he wants to send another person out to meet me.  I ask what is going to be any different this time knowing full well that the problem isn't the router.  He assures me that they will send out their most experienced tech and instruct him with everything that I've done to fix the **bleep** thing. I agree to an appointment from 5-7 today (the 25th).

I then ask to be put through to billing.  I talk to some guy and tell him I want my account credited because I haven't been able to download large files for over half a month and because the techy made me miss a day of work.  The guy offers me three days compensation which comes out to basically no money at all.  He tells me they can only reimburse me for the days they have an open ticket.  I ask why the ticket wasn't created the first time I called.  I'd hope it would be plainly obvious that I have been having this issue since the 1st.  I'd hope they could at least take proper notes.  I ask to speak to the supervisor.  He puts me on hold for about an hour.  

Around this time I begin to think he is screwing with me.   So i call billing on my girlfriends cell phone while waiting for them to pick up on mine.  I get through to billing, the guy listens to my story says it sucks says he "knows just the person who can help me with my issue."  He puts me back through to technical support.  I'm furious at this point. Ask to be put back to the person who can get my account credited (since they don't do it in tech support). He does so.  Finally a woman offers to credit my account 30 dollars.  I **bleep** a bit more, she ups it to 35, I keep **bleep** and its at 50.  She wouldn't go any higher because that is all she is allowed to do.  Completely ridiculous considering I lost out on about 160 by not going into work, whatever.  Wasted 5pm to 830pm on the phone with these people, I'm done arguing.

Next day a guy shows up around 4.  He has no knowledge of everything I've been through.  Actually a really great guy who genuinely wants to help.  He stays on the phone with verizon for 3 hours.  They rebuild the circuit, ping everything and keep suggesting we do everything that has already been done.  It all shows up completely normal on their end but he is watching me try to download things on every computer to no avail.   At this point he is lost, he calls up IT friends and they have no suggestions other than what i've already tried.  

He feels really bad for me so he decides to keep the ticket open.  He says he has no idea how to fix it and that verizon will probably call me back to send another techy out there.  At this point I don't even want another techy because he is just going to do the same thing we have been trying for the past month. 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Download speed drops to 0kbps
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Download speed drops to 0kbps
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we have closed out your private support case. If you still require assistance please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes