Download speeds limited to 8-9mbps for FIOS 35 service?
yobigd20

I've *NEVER* had a problem with verizon fios download speeds until last night (7/11) and today.  I've always been able to achieve the d/l speeds of whatever my service is.  When I had 50mbps service, I'd get 50mbps download.  Now I only have 35mbps service and I've always got 35mbps service *until yesterday.   Now my download speeds through various services and bandwidth tests seem to be capped at 8-9mbps.  Is anyone else seeing this sudden drop and cap in download speed??  I'm located in Atco in South Jersey.

0 Likes
Re: Download speeds limited to 8-9mbps for FIOS 35 service?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Download here on Long Island is still normal....~83 mb/s at www.speedtest.net, with my 75/35 service.

Are you testing via a wired or wifi connection?

And are you sure your service plan is 35 mb/s down?  Looking at the Verizon website, I see current plans with 15, 50, or 75 mb/s download speeds:

http://www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet/

0 Likes
yobigd20

wired connection and 35mbps is the standard service here.  the next step up would be to 50.  this is just odd because I've never have had a problem with their service before and I've always said how much better it is than comcast but than randomly it seems capped all the sudden and this continues to be this was for the last two days. 

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Ok on the 35 mb/s standard in your location.

I doubt Verizon is deliberately capping you. 

Are you using a few different servers at www.speedtest.net to test your speed?

Do you have more than one device (Mac or PC) you run the tests with and get the same results?

If the answer is yes to both of those troubleshooting questions, I'd suggest you call Verizon tech support and ask for help with the problem.  It could be local to your ONT or something else at their end than needs looking into and correcting.

Good luck.

0 Likes