DVR traffic being suppressed
smartbuddy

I have a DVR and it is all set up and working fine from within the network, when I try to access it from outside the network the router appears to be blocking the traffic, I have just upped my package fro 25/5 to 50/15 bit no change.

Jun 22 18:18:53 2014Firewall InfoRate Limit1 messages of type [38] Wireless Broadband Router initiated traffic suppressed in 1 second(s)
Jun 22 18:18:53 2014Firewall InfoRate Limit1 messages of type [15] Default policy suppressed in 1 second(s)
0 Likes
Re: DVR traffic being suppressed
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What security setting is the firewall currently set to on the router?

0 Likes
smartbuddy

The setting is Minimum.

IP flagments are not blocked

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Are you trying to watch recorded content remotely?
0 Likes
smartbuddy

No just streeming images from the 4 cameras on the system.

I also have 2 x IP camera (not on the DVR) which I can watch remotely without a problem.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Check to see if it is in the STB range of 192.168.1.100-150. If it is change to an IP outside of that range.

0 Likes
smartbuddy

Hi

It is a .47 address.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

That's good. My next guess is that the portforwarding is not set up correctly for that IP address.

0 Likes
smartbuddy

HI

That has been my thought all along but

All look correct.

The only thing is that each time I attempt a connection I get.......

Jun 22 18:18:53 2014Firewall InfoRate Limit1 messages of type [38] Wireless Broadband Router initiated traffic suppressed in 1 second(s)
Jun 22 18:18:53 2014Firewall InfoRate Limit1 messages of type [15] Default policy suppressed in 1 second(s)
0 Likes