E3200 connectivity issues
Coux1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My E3200 doesn't seem to ever connect properly. It's either blinks fast yellow or slow yellow, but never reaches solid white. I don't have the option of connecting with an Ethernet or coax, and I've re-paired it several times. In the same room, I can get it to switch from fast yellow to slow yellow by moving it about 3 feet.  I can never get it into the Goldilocks zone of solid white.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a resolution? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E3200 connectivity issues
Coux1
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi-backhaul, as running coax or ethernet is not an option.  (I don't think my landlord would appreciate me running cables through walls)

It alternates between solid white, and a pattern of three slow yellow blinks, but I do get connection.   I read on another post that it's possible that the RSSI score changes from time to time due to interference causing the yellow blinking.  I think so long as I'm getting connection I can just leave it as is for now.  It just very odd that is can change from too far to too close with just moving it's physical position so little.  And when I move it further, it just exacerbates the issue.   

Thanks for all of your help. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

When it is blinking yellow, do you get a connection at least?

If so, I would just leave it as fast blink. Wirelessly uplinking an E3200 to G3100 is the last resort. Coaxial or Ethernet uplink is always recommended.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't run into that situation before. As Cang mentioned, if you can establish a connection with a blinking light, I'd go with it.

A wired connection and disabling SON are my two favorite suggestions. 🙂

Coux1
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi-backhaul, as running coax or ethernet is not an option.  (I don't think my landlord would appreciate me running cables through walls)

It alternates between solid white, and a pattern of three slow yellow blinks, but I do get connection.   I read on another post that it's possible that the RSSI score changes from time to time due to interference causing the yellow blinking.  I think so long as I'm getting connection I can just leave it as is for now.  It just very odd that is can change from too far to too close with just moving it's physical position so little.  And when I move it further, it just exacerbates the issue.   

Thanks for all of your help.