E3200 extender stopped working after g3100 3.1.0.12 update
Kdot1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a g3100 router and e3200 extender connected via coax for a year or so. Great setup and very happy with speeds on both devices. Recently the router was upgraded to 3.1.0.12 and but the extender stayed on 3.0.0.10. Ever since then the extender stopped working properly. The 2.4g wifi and wired devices to the extender continue to work but none of the 5g bands work as confirmed by the airport utility WiFi scan. I  cannot select a 5g channel manually like usually can either. So it seems the 3.1.x and 3.0.x firmwares are incompatible. I tried the factory reset with pin as well the default settings from the menu but both did not change anything. How can I get my extender work again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screenshots
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello all.

If an E3200 is not upgraded to the same version as G3100, they would refuse to work together.

Please check your private message.

View solution in original post

Re: E3200 extender stopped working after g3100 3.1.0.12 update
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should be compatible. Can you access E3200's settings through G3100's admin interface?

Kdot1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I can get to the extenders admin console using the routers propagated password. The extender shows WiFi basic settings for the primary WiFi for 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz 1 as On, but lacks 5 ghz 2. The 2.4 ghz extender WiFi works. I see devices connect to that. None of the extender 5 ghz bands show up in a WiFi scan. HTH

0 Likes
entropyva

I have a similar issue.  Firmware update only allows extender(s) with 2.4ghz channel and no 5ghz enabled. 

Main router is fine with both channels.  Have similar configuration with coax as backhaul and was working fine till router firmware update. 

Assume mis-match between extender and router. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some screenshots of E3200 WiFi interface would be helpful.

Screenshots
Kdot1
Enthusiast - Level 2

imageimageimageimage

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please wait for the moderators to approve your images.

Ok. Your E3200 are not upgraded. The interface is still the old one. Let me ask around to see how to force an upgrade.

entropyva

I have similar issues and have tried to force update and factory reset with no luck (5GHZ not available).  Any insight on how to get firmware update on E3200 to match E3100 would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello all.

If an E3200 is not upgraded to the same version as G3100, they would refuse to work together.

Please check your private message.

Kdot1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So VZ upgraded the extender from their end. Both are the same version now and are working perfectly.