Re: E3200 FIOS Extender - ethernet delay
cyraxote
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list of people having this issue.

0 Likes
Geryu

It {word filter avoidance} having it delayed. Have the same problem

0 Likes
rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup We have heard nothing from Verizon tech on solving the issue. The only thing you can do is to purchase one of the white Network adapters and not use the extender for hardwired connection.  

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rld2021 wrote:

The only thing you can do is to purchase one of the white Network adapters and not use the extender for hardwired connection.  

No. You have many ways of getting around this DHCP issue without having the MEA. For example, you can assign static IP addresses to the Ethernet-connected devices. This eliminates the need of a DHCP query.

OliverPgh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, static IP doesn't help. I think that has been mentioned a few times on this thread. That was the first thing I tried. I get my static IP, but with the same delay as with DHCP.

@Cang_Household wrote:

@rld2021 wrote:

The only thing you can do is to purchase one of the white Network adapters and not use the extender for hardwired connection.  

No. You have many ways of getting around this DHCP issue without having the MEA. For example, you can assign static IP addresses to the Ethernet-connected devices. This eliminates the need of a DHCP query.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't get static IP from a DHCP server. You directly assign the static IP on the device itself. Sounds like you are mistaking Static DHCP Reservation for Static IP. Static IP allows the device to have an IP address even if you turn off the DHCP server on G3100.

rld20211
Enthusiast - Level 3

have you actually tried this concept.? Seems like none of the technical support group suggests this on the many calls i had with them.  

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeah. Setting up static IP address avoids the DHCP entirely. Technical support agents are not formally trained in networking, and this is why the Forums are here to help.

OliverPgh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did set up a static IP and gateway on my Windows and Linux machines as well as on the Xbox and smart tv which I assume should bypass any DHCP. Still, same delay as when I'm using the regular DHCP assignment.

Is there anything else that needs to be done?

So far, I have not found a configuration that bypasses this mess.

0 Likes
JustLou
Enthusiast - Level 2

My router and extender received a firmware update from v. 3.1.1.13 to v. 3.1.1.17 yesterday.  It does nothing to fix this issue. 

0 Likes