E3200 not cloning ssid?
swunder2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, I have a g3100 and two e3200s that after some splitter changes and firmware updates I finally got good network speeds between all 3.  

However, now the e3200s won't copy the 2.4g name from the g3100!  Everything shows connected with coax, network communicates fine, but I see  my normal 2.4 wifi network plus two additional separate E3200-xxxxx networks.  

I've factory reset and power cycled all 3 to no avail.  Any ideas?

E3200s are on 3.x but the g3100 is on the older 2.x firmware.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E3200 not cloning ssid?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SSID is grayed out, you likely have enabled SON. Please turn the feature off and try again.

@swunder wrote:

Only issue is that the G1100 is limited to ~500mbps built in moca, but I have a new Moca Adapter on the way for that. 

G1100 serving as an access point should have enough bandwidth on 500Mbps. If you really need 1000Mbps+ uplink, a Verizon Fios Network Adapter would do the trick. Model number ECB5240M, and cost $55 + tax and shipping (around $60). The package comes with two short coaxial cables, an ethernet cable, and a 2-way coax splitter.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would recommend you to manually copy the SSID from the G3100 to E3200 via E3200's admin panel for now. The automatic SSID copying sometimes may not work. I believe SON (Self-Organizing Network) plays a role in copying the SSID, but you should leave SON off for stability concerns.

swunder2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately I don't see anyway to manually copy the SSID - they are all grayed out and say cloned from main router.  So for now, I've given up on the E3200's -- returned the one I bought recently and put away my older one.  

Instead using a G1100 as an AP in the basement and a second G3100 free rental as an AP upstairs.  Works fine,  my phones have no issues switching AP's.  Only issue is that the G1100 is limited to ~500mbps built in moca, but I have a new Moca Adapter on the way for that.  

Its just strange how it was only the 2.4ghz band, and I'd say it was an issue with my G3100 (since two e3200's refused to clone), but the same issue happened with the second G3100 as well.  So either I was missing something obvious (1D-10T error) or it was a bug.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the SSID is grayed out, you likely have enabled SON. Please turn the feature off and try again.

@swunder wrote:

Only issue is that the G1100 is limited to ~500mbps built in moca, but I have a new Moca Adapter on the way for that. 

G1100 serving as an access point should have enough bandwidth on 500Mbps. If you really need 1000Mbps+ uplink, a Verizon Fios Network Adapter would do the trick. Model number ECB5240M, and cost $55 + tax and shipping (around $60). The package comes with two short coaxial cables, an ethernet cable, and a 2-way coax splitter.

swunder2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure I tried SON on and off, but maybe I didn't wait long enough.  I never saw those options not grayed out on the e3200's even when SON was turned off at my old house for over a year.  

I'll probably revisit all of this once the G3100 gets updated to 3.x firmware.

0 Likes