Electrical
Freenason

I have verizon fios with a newly replaced battery backup. I was told this is the new standard and less than a week later we just got a rain storm. Nothing crazy but few lighting strikes. My GFI outlet which the battery backup is plugged into keeps tripping and now we have no tv or internet. Not sure the problem here. We've never had issues with overload on the GFI before.

0 Likes
Re: Electrical
jonjones1
Legend

@Freenason wrote:

I have verizon fios with a newly replaced battery backup. I was told this is the new standard and less than a week later we just got a rain storm. Nothing crazy but few lighting strikes. My GFI outlet which the battery backup is plugged into keeps tripping and now we have no tv or internet. Not sure the problem here. We've never had issues with overload on the GFI before.

I am not an electrician but I would o to the fuse box and see if there is a tripped circuit that needs to be reset. In my home my wife blows out the ground fault plug in the bathroom with her hair dryer all the time when the curling iron is plugged in at same time. Cannot reset the GFI until I reset the circuit breaker in the box.

try that.

Good Luck

0 Likes