email account suspended
Duke15

Hi.  I've been using Verizon Internet for 4+ years now, first with DSL, then with FIOS when it became available in my neighborhood.  I contacted Verizon a few days ago as I sold my house and had to stop my service at that address so the next owner could subscribe to FIOS.  When I called, I asked if I could pay for another account to keep my email active.  I was told that I had to call back after my account was canceled and then I could pay for a dial up account and I would be able to keep my email.  They told me I had 30 days to do this, and that I would be able to access my email over the web during that 30 days.

Today was the day my service was cut over to the new owner, and I cannot access my email.  I go to www.verizon.net, enter my user name and password, and get to the Verizon central screen.  In the middle of the screen where it normally displays my inbox, it says that my inbox is empty.  When I click to read my email, I am redirected to the login page again and I get an error that reads "Sorry, your account is suspended. Please consult Tech Support."   I phoned Verizon and was passed to 7 different people with the final answer being to call back tomorrow and sign up for an account during business hours.

My questions are: 

1. Is my email still there?

2. Will I be able to keep the same email address?

Normally losing email would be a pain I could get over somewhat easily, but in this case, I have been laid off and all the information regarding job possibilities, to include all of the contact information of the people I have been speaking to, are all in this email account.  It is also the email address listed on my resume that is currently in many people's hands, and is the only way most of them contact me.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or information!

0 Likes
Re: email account suspended
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like an issue a buddy of mine had when he had dsl and went to FiOS.  I'm sure you can probably get it fixed the same way. 

That email address is linked to your FiOS account, you just need to notify the department you are currently with service (I'm guessing dial up) and inform them you would like to keep the same email address that you had with FiOS.  I think it took a couple of days but they will simple have to move your email address to the dial up service and you should be good to go.  It was pretty painless for my buddy.

0 Likes
Duke15

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to phone them first thing in the morning, but I'm not actually with any service at the moment since they wouldn't let me sign up for dial up before they canceled my FIOS.  I just hopethey are able to recover my email like it sounds like they did for your friend.

I'll post an update in the morning once I know more.

0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Good luck Smiley Wink
0 Likes
MikeT
Contributor - Level 1

This is why I use free gmail, hotmail, and yahoo mail accounts.  I did have a cox account but switched to FIOS (goodbye cox emails!).  I set up my Verizon account but never use it.  Even though Verizon offers you decent storage, who know what system(s) will be replacing FIOS in the future.

Just my $.02

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
This is an easy fix let me know if you've ran into any bumps in the road
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

Just a final clarification: 

You must have an active account to be able to access your email; either fios, or dsl, or dial up.    -if there is no active account, there is no account to access.  (note:  While there is no account to receive your incoming emails, you may not be getting those emails)

I believe the policy is that YOUR email address is held for a period of months (6 ?) if your account is disabled, SO,

you can have Verizon REPOINT that email address from the old account over to the new account. 

0 Likes