Email
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon email has been having problems all afternoon.  I get several crazy errors when trying to connect through the verizon.net web page.  What is going on?  I have email I need to receive and send!

0 Likes
Re: Email
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I know that webmail was having some serious issues this afternoon/evening. There was (is?) a service-wide outage that started a little before 4 pm central time. Not sure if it's resolved yet or not, but at the very least Verizon is aware of it and working toward a resolution. Feel free to contact Tech Support and ask for the status though. I can't imagine it would keep going through tomorrow.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Everything seems to be working fine now. Are you still having any issues?

0 Likes
Skyfrog

Somegirl, the problem is still here on my email--no active links, just the typed black info.  And I didn't follow your explanation of URL and link.  I know the difference, but your example didn't clarify why the problem exists.  Verizon email ?software? surely knows how to code the links so they're active?  Sorry if I'm not making good sense--I'm an intermediate web user.

Is no one else still getting dead links? (or inactive--"dead" fits my perception and frustration with the problem)

Skyfrog

0 Likes
lgleaner

I've been unable to check my email for the past couple hours or so.  The page just hangs and hangs and hangs...

Anyone else experiencing this?  I don't have the intestinal fortitude to call the 800 number right now...

0 Likes
rich_t

Spoke to phone support in VA guy who suggested on advice from his “superiors” that I try in the morning.  He stated that it is a system wide problem.  I am glad I still have an alternate Email address at ATT.  I may have to rethink the change to Verizon.  I am glad I have an ATT cell phone.

0 Likes
Blinx

Verizon Yahoo won't even accept my name or password saying it may not even exist. I hope it hasn't been deleted somehow and I can get email back . I really need to get in there and get a password I forgot reset for something else.

I can still send and receive email on my phone to my other yahoo (non verizon) email address, just not on the computer.  Don't think I can get anyone elses emails on the phone though.

0 Likes
rich_t

It's Verizon.  How can a provider as big as Verizon go down?  Have tried two different computers (Vista & XP) but, Email does not work.  Can"t you just see the worker bees at Verizon scouring about trying to fixes it,?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Blinx wrote:

Verizon Yahoo won't even accept my name or password saying it may not even exist. I hope it hasn't been deleted somehow and I can get email back . I really need to get in there and get a password I forgot reset for something else.

I can still send and receive email on my phone to my other yahoo (non verizon) email address, just not on the computer.  Don't think I can get anyone elses emails on the phone though.

You'll need to contact Verizon to get the status of your account. The Contact Us page has several options for doing so.

0 Likes
Beazst

Looks like this hasn't been responded to in a while...

For what it's worth webmail appears to be working fine as of 3:15pm EST on January 22nd.

Some food for thought:

If you're having trouble accessing your e-mail via the webmail interface (http://webmail.verizon.net/) you may want to try accessing it from a mail client.  It has been my experience that the POP3 and SMTP servers may work even when there are issues with the webmail interface.

You can find directions for setting up your e-mail client (Outlook Express, etc.) here:

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Troubleshooting/QuestionsOne/85649.htm

Hope this helps!  Robot Happy

0 Likes