Engineering delays for transferring service?
NittanyMTL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to have my Fios internet service transferred to a new address, due to moving to a new house.  A month ago I scheduled the transfer only to find out 2 days before the appointment that "engineering delays" have occurred and my appointment has been pushed back another month (from mid-July to mid-August).  After talking to support (both online on on the phone), I couldn't get any additional information other than "engineering delays" are to blame.

The new house is located in a new development, but the builder has confirmed to me that all the Verizon lines to my house have already been run.  So it would seem that the line just need to be connected to an ONT box.

Has anyone else experienced the "engineering delays" and is there any way to find out what's really causing this delay?  I'm not sure I can wait another month for internet access at my new house.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Engineering delays for transferring service?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NittanyMTL,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.