Ethernet upload speeds very slow
Twillz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently getting ~ 1mgps upload speed (via 3 different 3rd party testing sites) connected to my ethernet cable. Bypassing my router plugging the same ethernet cable directly into the ONT, I'm getting my expected ~ 850 upload and 850 download. Test the ethernet on a different device and the same issue with slow upload speed.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ethernet upload speeds very slow
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fifth user in a row. This is probably an Intel Ethernet NIC issue.

Go to your adapter settings and disable IPv6 TCP Checksum Offload. Then test again.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are two Ethernet cables in use...One between the ONT and router & one from the router to the computer. Were both cables replaced?

How is the Wi-Fi working?

Twillz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response!

Wifi is working like normal and getting decent upload and download speeds.

I used the Ethernet cable connecting from my router to my PC to connect straight to the ONT (bypassing the router). Making my speeds 100% back to normal, suggesting that ethernet cable is fine. I have swapped out the ethernet with a new one connecting from the ONT to the router and the problem persisted.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let me see if I have a correct picture of the situation. 🙂

Direct connecting the computers to the ONT results in expected speed(s).

When the cabling is normalized, upload speeds are in the mud.

Replacing each Ethernet cable with a known good one doesn't help.

Forgive me if I missed this in the OP.....is there any "inside/in-house" cabling between the router and the computer? 🤔

So, under normal circumstances, this is what would be present:

ONT----(Ethernet patch cable)----router----(Ethernet patch cable)-----8P8C CAT5E/CAT6/CAT6A jack-----in-house cabling-----8P8C CAT5E/CAT6/CAT6A jack-----Ethernet patch cord-----computer.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Fifth user in a row. This is probably an Intel Ethernet NIC issue.

Go to your adapter settings and disable IPv6 TCP Checksum Offload. Then test again.

quagmire109
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, that actually worked.  I had the same issue and the Verizon support did not believe me about "upload" speeds.  Not sure why but it started recently after having a hard line to the router for a few years. I even went the route to buy a wireless card for my desktop (motherboard did not have one) and saw the speeds were then normal, as well as buy a new Gigabit PCI-e Network Card to ensure it was not a faulty one on my motherboard either.  Prior to your fix, I got the same results with the new network card (Zero upload speed). Wish I would have seen this response earlier.  It works perfectly now

Twillz
Enthusiast - Level 2

This did the trick! my upload speeds are much better, around 100mgbps range still quite a bit off from my gigabit internet but it's at least useable now.

dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don’t settle for 1/10 of the speeds you should be getting. I had this issue with my G3100 and now CR1000A. I have no idea why we can’t get back to the full symmetrical wired download and upload speeds of 900 mbps+ that the G1100 had. Surely these new routers have hardware capable of it, right?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dg224 wrote:

I have no idea why we can’t get back to the full symmetrical wired download and upload speeds of 900 mbps+ that the G1100 had...

These two customers can't get faster speeds because they are using Intel NICs which have problems with IPv6. They have resolved their issues.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes