Every evening, FIOS is useless for sending emails..
MB90266

I've been struggling for most of a year with this. High speed i7 pc running Windows 7 direct wired in. In the morning, I can send anything, or late at night. In the afternoon, my upload speed drops to under 10 mbps, and it can take me 45 minutes to send an email with a 1 MB attachment if I can even get it to go without failing. Verizon says it must be my computer, but settings don't change every day as the clock moves. Has anybody else experienced this? Is FIOS just running out of bandwidth?

0 Likes
Re: Every evening, FIOS is useless for sending emails..
tns
Master - Level 2

Too many variables, and depends on which area of the country you are in.  Except when Verizon mail had an outage, I never had a problem sending email here  on LI, NY.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I have seen that problem while connecting wireless, are you wireless?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

I have seen that problem while connecting wireless, are you wireless?

The OP said directly connected. I take it that means there is wired connection.

I have to wonder if the OP has a wired connection and unknown to them they also have a wireless connection.

How would the OP tell if there was a wireless connection also?

Thanks.

0 Likes
MB90266

I am directly wired to my HP core i7 PC desktop, not wireless.

I'm based in Southern California with FIOS.

I can upload in the morning just fine, but from afternoon, worsening into evening it is worthless.

Its not just my Windows Live Mail, but any site that wants to be uploaded to, even mailmerge programs that direct send from within their program, they all just stall and die out.

0 Likes
MB90266

I run the FIOS Speed Test on their site, and speeds can range from 2-12 mbps, my service is for 20.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

have you tried to reboot the ONT?

0 Likes