EVERYONE around me has FIOS. I mean everyone.
evperry

Im in Queens, NY (zip = {edited for privacy})

Everyone around me has FIOS.  To the North, South, East and West Literally all within 1 block of address.

I  really wanna get rid of Time Warner Cable. Between the pixelazation and internet problems every month its just time to make the switch.  I have been looking into Verizon Fios for years but when cable introduced their high speed (50mb) service I forgot about it.  However, I just cant handle the modem resets and internet being down and the pixelization anymore. 

Why cant my block get FIOS when literally everyone around me has it?  I spoke to a Verizon guy in the street and he told me that my block will never get it because its underground service? I dont see how that makes sense because both Manhattan and many parts of Brooklyn are underground service.

Its like the the water utility saying that its just too complicated to deliver water to your house so we are not gonna bother.

I really wanna get an explanation for this. I would imagine every house on my block would switch to Verizon if they ran FIOS through here.

0 Likes
Re: EVERYONE around me has FIOS. I mean everyone.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

are you in a single family residence, or apartments?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has deployed underground FiOS service in New York City to loads of places. I tihnk the question is whether or not anyone immediately neighboring you rather than a block over can get the service. I'm hoping it's just an engineering issue and not a block skipped (which happens in my area, too! No real reason why they just forget about it like that) so we can get you up and running right away.

But certainly the first question is whether or not you live in an Apartment or Single Family Home. Apartments make things more tricky. Single Family Homes are higher chances of FiOS Availability as you're not dealing with management of a building saying Yes or No. It's purely your choice.

0 Likes
Mannote
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hey! We must live in the same area! I live in Queens and I haven't gotten FIOS yet but everyone around me has it.
I haven't found an answer yet, but I hope to soon. Time Warner cable are crooks!
0 Likes