Extending Quantum G1100 Help
probak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I have read a few threads on this topic but am still experiencing issues. I have 2 Quantum G1100 routers. The main one is on the ground level and working fine. I would like to convert the second to an extender on the 2nd level using coax, but am getting a No Internet Connection message.

Before I started getting the No Internet message, I was able to successfully change the IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 193.168.1.1 on the repeater. I also disabled the DHCP server. Finally, I renamed the wifi name and updated the password to mirror the main router.

After rebooting both, I no longer have internet access from the repeater. I also can't get back into the myfiosgateway settings. I'm a novice and would appreciate the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Extending Quantum G1100 Help
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

LAN coax light on the back of the router and/or extender? It is possible the coax connected to the extender isn’t tied into the main splitter?

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You want to be in the same 192.168.1.1 subnet as the router. For example, the extender should be something like 192.168.1.2 not 193.168.1.1.

probak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, I will try that. How do I update the IP though without an internet connection? I can't get to myfiosgateway.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The myfiosgateway.com URL points to 192.168.1.1 so you will have to type 193.168.1.1 into your browser. Or just hard reset the router for 15 seconds and start over. 

probak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it. I was able to successfully change the IP to 192.168.1.2. I also disabled Broadband Connection. However, I continue to get the No Internet Connection message. Are there any other settings I can try to configure?  Here is a recap of my setup: 

Router 1 (working fine)

Has an Ethernet cable connected to WAN port and a coaxial cable connected to coax

Router 2 (red globe, can connect to it, but no internet) 

Connected via coaxial

IP updated to 192.168.1.2

DHCP server disabled

Broadband connection disabled

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

LAN coax light on the back of the router and/or extender? It is possible the coax connected to the extender isn’t tied into the main splitter?

probak
Enthusiast - Level 2

The simplest solution. Apparently there were two coax outputs in the room, and I was plugged into the wrong one. Thank you very much. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome. Glad it’s working.