Extremely Frustrated by delay in Installation Without Being Notified
msm29903

Hello,

I am writing to see if I can receive some assistance with a situation that happened recently.

On May 21st, I went to the Verizon website to schedule the set up for Fios for my new apartment. The first available date was today, June 12th. While it would be inconvenient to be without Internet for almost 2 weeks, I had no other option, so I selected that date. The appointment was scheduled for sometime between 1 and 5pm this afternoon.

Well, a bit past 5, nobody had contacted me, and so I decided to go online to check the status. It was only then that I discovered that something had occurred which would prevent the service technician from setting up Fios in my apartment. When asked to select a new date, I saw that the first available date would be next Monday, June 20th. That is almost a month from the initial date I ordered the set up.

This is extremely frustrating for me. Not only will I have gone without Internet for a month, but nobody called or emailed me to let me know that my appointment was canceled, so I effectively wasted my afternoon by waiting for nobody to show up.

I would just like to know if I will have to wait another week for installation, or if there's any way something can be set up sooner. Frankly, at this point it would be easier (and cheaper) for me to just switch to Comcast.

I have been very excited about Fios since I first heard about it years ago, and I have had Fios for the past year at my previous residence, and never had an issue. I hope that something is able to be done to rectify this situation, because I would love to stick with Fios.

Please let me know what additional information you require on my end.

0 Likes
Re: Extremely Frustrated by delay in Installation Without Being Notified
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes