EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED by installation service
jiujinrao

I recently ordered Fios Internet installation to replace my DSL. Because the technicians need access to the building’s utility room for activation, I can only schedule the appointment Monday through Friday between 8am to 4pm. I made that clear the first time I placed order that there will be no access to utility room after 4pm.

First appointment was scheduled for past Wednesday 2/19/2014, I was given a time window of 11am to 2pm. During the days before Wednesday, I received about 20 calls from the Verizon confirmation automated calls to ask me to confirm, the calls kept coming even after I confirmed multiple times.

But came Wednesday I received NO CALL  from the technician. I took the day off from work waiting for someone to show up. I waited till around 1:30pm I called Verizon,  where are the technician and when are they coming, I reiterated that there will be no point coming if they can’t be here before 4pm. A customer rep tried to get in touch with a “dispatch team”. Then I was told the technician was running a bit late at the previous job, but they sure will be coming before 4pm.

Then I got a call back from a “supervisor” saying that technician can’t make it, they are sending another guy. Needless to say when it’s about 3pm and having received no call, I called back again, and was again told they’re coming. I was talking to a rep then a supervisor for over an hour when 4pm came and gone.

The supervisor was apologetic, promised credits to installation and activation fees, and rescheduled an appointment for today 2/21/2014. To avoid the same thing happen again I requested they give me the first block of time in the morning, so the technician can’t possibly be delayed by any other job. I was given the window of 9am to 12pm. Then 4pm yesterday, I received an email notification saying my appointment was rescheduled to 11am to 2pm.

I’m EXTREMELY frustrated when I called in at 11:30am, only finding out that the appointment was CANCELLED!!!!  NO CALL OR EMAIL to notify me of the cancelation. TWO DAYS OFF WORK I DON’T GET PAID waiting for an installation. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! When I tried to ask the representative what’s the email address or website to file a complaint, all I got was the live chat or email form they use to schedule appointments. THERE IS NO OFFICIAL CHANNEL TO FILE A COMPLAINT!!!

I’m posting the complaint here first, and will see if this leads to someone in Verizon who does care a bit about their service.

0 Likes
Re: EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED by installation service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jiujinrao,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
jiujinrao

Twitter support works much better than this forum

0 Likes