Extremely poor customer service
Physicist1

I recently fell behind on my payments with Verizon because I went through some financial hardships, so I encoured about a $700 back bill. I contacted customer service to try to remedy the situation after paying $300.00 of that to my account thinking that it would make a significant difference towards the balance beyond my current charges. Instead, I get a disconnection notice for midnight tonight. So I call Verizon to try to set up a payment arrangement so I don't have my services shut off. I spend 30 minutes on the phone with customer service minimizing my bill to where it's even less than normal, and easier for me to pay off my late payments. I am then told by customer service that they will connect me with billing in FIOS and to ask for a "formal payment arrangement" which will allow me to make installments toward my late payment, but retain my serivces without interuption. Then, once transferred, billing tells me there is no such thing as an extended payment arrangement and that no matter what, unless I pay all $700 by tonight, my services will get disconnected. I recently started a job and have money to make significant payments towards the total due, but that isn't good enough for Verizon. Not only would they not work with me, even when I offered to try to pay even more than normal they said they couldn't do an extension past the 28th to the 3rd which is when I get payed. Really Verizon? I've been a customer more than half a decade and you can't allow me a few more days to pay that enormous debt off? 

So then I get sent back to customer serivce who tells me they don't know why the billing person was so dismissive and that they want to keep my business so they will try to set up something. Again I am transferred to billing where they tell me they can only extend me a short time, but not until I get payed. Frustrated, I contact a supervisor at customer serivce who again routes me to billing to get told the same thing. This is nuts. Not only is there a severe disconnect between customer serivce and billing's information on what can be done for me, I wasted a LONG time being put on hold, bounced back and forth between agents who couldn't agree on policy, just to in the end be told sorry but you're getting disconnected. I finally had enough, and said "just disconnect my service" and rather than seeming like they wanted my business, they just said "ok, let me transfer you to customer service so this can be taken care of. They didn't fight for my business or seem to care that I was going to their competition, and was unwilling to give me 3 days to make the payment they said I needed, so now I'm loosing my internet and having to pay a reconnect fee. I don't think I've ever had such a bad experience with any service provider in my life. 

0 Likes
Re: Extremely poor customer service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes