False Advertising by Verizon!
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

On January 17, 2015, I logged onto MyVerizon and looked at the “Special Deals” web page. The Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway was advertised at the sale price of $99.99. I clicked on “Learn More” and then “Order Now” to put the Quantum Gateway in my shopping; however, the price was $149.99, not the advertised special.

I then started a chat session and had to wait approximately 20 minutes to reach a Verizon agent. I explained the situation to him, including copying and pasting the special offer from your website:

Upgrade to the newest, most powerful FiOS Quantum Gateway Router

More wireless signal strength delivers the fastest speed ever

- up to 800 Mbps and furthest reach - up to 325 feet*

$149.99 Special Price: $99.99 only until Jan 17

The Verizon chat agent told me that the special price of $99.99 was not available to me! How could that be the case, when I was logged into my account and looking directly at the Special Deals on MyVerizon?

I then tried to call Verizon on the phone, using the number that was shown on MyVerizon. I was on hold for 20 minutes without ever speaking to anyone. I gave up at that point since it was around 11:30 p.m.

0 Likes
Re: False Advertising by Verizon!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ZachE1,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

It was on sale to 01/16 then it went back to full price,

0 Likes
Speedy13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually the price has increased it is now $199 plus 9.99 shipping and taxes.  Rental fee option also increased a few dollars.

0 Likes
ZachE1
Enthusiast - Level 3

As copied from the Verizon website "Special Price: $99.99 only until Jan 17", not Jan. 16!

0 Likes
rexman1

They are still doing the false advertising.  I received an e-mail from Verizon ("Exclusive offer just for you") stating that the Quantum Gateway Router is $100 off, and I can get it for $99.99.  I also received a postal mailer from them with the SAME offer.  When I go on-line to the link, it says $199.99.  I call Verizon and they say that is only for certain people who have lower speed internet service and I would need to sign up for the faster internet, but I already have it, so the offer does not apply to me.  Are you kidding me??  She also said that everyone gets the mailers, but the offer only applies to certain people.  Now that is pure false advertising.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There isn't any famous small print that companies put on deals all the time?

0 Likes
maka1

I also got a $99.99 price offered from Verizon and got instead got $240.00 and plan price increase.

they said that was then best they could do.  I declined

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes