Re: Fast Upload, Slow Download
mcgregorkd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks to everyone replying.  Plenty of evidence that there is something going on with Verizon.  Agreeing to have a service tech to come your house would just be wasting everyones time.

0 Likes
YS5

Don't even bother getting a technician to visit your house. I've had over 20+ technicians tell me that there's no problem in my house and it has something to do with the Verizon network. Verizon needs to upgrade their network, but they're too cheap to do so and could care less about their customers. Hopefully google fiber gets to us soon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or it means that some networks outside of Verizon's have capacity issues at night and they are beyond Verizon's control.

skimike

@CRobGauth wrote:

Or it means that some networks outside of Verizon's have capacity issues at night and they are beyond Verizon's control.

Unfortunately, the bad performance manifests itself even when using Verizon's own resources, e.g. speedtest.verizon.net.  This is an internal Verizon issue, regardless of whether or not other networks are congested.

0 Likes
mcgregorkd
Enthusiast - Level 2

well unless Maryland/Northern Virginia just experienced a boom in population over the weekend, it most certainly cannot be related to general network traffic... otherwise the issue wouldnt be new for me/some of us.

Treeeater
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is clearly a new problem within their own networks since last weekend. Youtube/netflix totally unusable. I used to be able to watch 3 HD youtube videos at the same time in the evenings.

0 Likes
DMVForumName
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checking in in Silver Spring w/ slow speeds as well.  Seems like anything that jumps on an AT&T network (leaving DC) starts to slow.  Even hitting the Ashburn, VA speedtest site Verizon offers is only getting my 5 down/50 up.

Right now traces past G1-5-4-3.WASHDC-LCR-22.verizon-gni.net drop and slow.

EDIT:  This has been going on for weeks.  I have done router hard resets and even got a new ONT on the side of the house.  Issues persist. 

0 Likes
jdangelo0122
Enthusiast - Level 1

Glad to see I'm not the only one in the DC area having these issues. Recently upgraded my service to the 150/150 plan. Initially it was great, but the past week my speeds  have been averaging 5MBps download/ 150MBps upload . Based on what I'm seeing here, I might as well dowgrade the service since I can't consistently get what I am paying for.

I've tried twice to get VZ Support to help via chat, but the wait times only seem to increase.  Wait time was 3 minutes 45 minutes ago....now it's at 33 minutes. .Oddly enough the folks that tweet VZ Support get faster responses,but don't seem to get resolution either.

DMVForumName
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just pinged their twitter and they wanted to take it to DMs. 😕

0 Likes
Shmuby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Gainesville Virginia and I am experiencing exactly the same thing.  I just held on the phone for about 40 minutes to speak with tech support before their system hung up on me.  I'm waiting in the chat queue right now.  I spoke with a service technician Saturday evening when the problem started, but he claimed there were no issues with the Verizon network.  I'm curious to see if anyone makes any progress on this.  I don't look forward to switching to Comcast...

0 Likes