File a complaint
emberswzd

I am trying to file a complaint against verizon customer service and Verizon themselves for charging me for a change in service that I did not authorize.   I was arrested and in jail when this change occured and there was no one with access to make the changes.  My FIOS TV was changed from the preferred plan to the ultimate plan in May 2014. I was incarcerated from Feb-Sept.  The change is a 30.00 dollar a month increase times 6 which is 180.00 in serviced that this customer did not order.   When I noticed the change I called customer service and told them that I did not make these changes and that I wanted it brought back to the way it was and I wanted my bill prorated for the 30.00 per month times 6.  The rep i was chatting with pretty much called me a liar and that there wasant going to be an prorated rate given.  So wehat makes it ok for Verizon to take money they didnt earn??   I already informed them that I will be looking into returning to Cable after a 7 year absence.  I am sure Brighthouse will accept me back with open arms and offer me a prorated rate that will reflect the approx 180.00 that verizon stole from me.  It is sad that Verizon hirews customer service reps that cvould care less about the customer and I am beginning to believe that this is the way verizon trains their employees.  Brighthouse will do whatever it takes to keep their customers happy and not allow them to just leave without forst trying to fix the problem.  So if anyone has any ideas please let me know by PM or post a reply.  Thankyou

Joe E

Port Richey, Fl;  34668

0 Likes
Re: File a complaint
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

By chance, could there have been anyone at your home who might have ordered an upgrade of service through the Television? That's been seen a few times back when Verizon started pushing out the symmetrical and quantum tiers.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello emberswzd

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
RauniF

I also have a complaine and can't file it.  I scheduled my payment for the date it was due and Verizon took it immediately.  I want to force them to refund my overdraft charge if they cause one

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If that happens, you will need to contact the billing department.

0 Likes