Final Bill - Amount Changed - Now Includes Deferred Charge from 2010
Rex1082

I received my final bill today.  I was told by 2 different representatives the amount I would be refunded if I paid my final monthly bill in full.  We went on to discuss and mutually agree that since I only had 1 day of service for the last month I would be billed that I could subtract the promised refund amount from the final months total bill amount and I would arrive at the amount due for the 1 day, partial month bill (aka final bill amount).    I paid this calculated  amount, when the final partial months bill was normally due. 

Note that, for 1 day, I owed $20.10 my normal monthly bill was 200.32. so clearly I should pay 10% of the charges for 1/30th of the service period...  Also note that this is on top of the fact that I attempted to cancel service online for 2 days and I later discovered that this wasn't possible because my TV Bundle was no longer offered, and therefore I couldn't cancel online, this makes sense right? So after waiting on hold for 15 minutes I gave up and called the next day, just so happened that dragged me into the next service month.  This second call, only took 45 minutes on hold.  

The actual problem is that when I paid the amount due (Monthly Bill - Promised Refund Amount = Actual Amount Due) I recieved a new Final Bill, in the amount of $7.60 for deferred charges from 4/1/2010 to 4/6/2010.  This is more than 9 years ago and is totally bogus.  I have records of calls from February and May of 2010 and they state I was actually owed a credit from verizon during this time period.  This charge now, after being deferred for 9 years makes no sense. All of my bills for the 11 years I've had fios have paid in full and on time and have had a 0.00 previous balance.  It does not make any sense for verizon to create out of thin air a new charge that they decided not to bill me for after nearly a decade ago.  

I need help and I need this resolved immediately. 

Bill Language:

Fios Internet 20/5 Deferred charge for 04/01/2010 to 04/06/2010 - $7.60

PS: Also, I just noticed 5 days of services from 2010 cost $7.60 and I owed $20.10 for 1 day of service?  Seems a bit hard to explain. That's like 1500% inflation....

0 Likes
Re: Final Bill - Amount Changed - Now Includes Deferred Charge from 2010
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Rex1082,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes