FIOS 100/100 Package over Coax
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will Verizon FIOS support the 100/100 speed package over Coax?  I have a Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 which supports Moca 2.0.  I currently have 50/50 with a Coax connection to the router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS 100/100 Package over Coax
Anthony91
Enthusiast - Level 3

100/100 will work on Moca long as you do not have video service otherwise you will have to use ethernet as a headroom is given for VOD and img to avoid it pulling from your main internet connection thats why you see people have more speed when they test its so VOD does not stream from your package,

if you dont have video and you are on moca there will be times the speed test will vary due to the limitation of the wiring you might get speed results of like 95 to 97which is normal but it would be up to you because at any time it can be changed from moca to ethernet but the wiring is the long part

View solution in original post

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe 100 and up are provisioned with ethernet.

0 Likes
Anthony91
Enthusiast - Level 3

100/100 will work on Moca long as you do not have video service otherwise you will have to use ethernet as a headroom is given for VOD and img to avoid it pulling from your main internet connection thats why you see people have more speed when they test its so VOD does not stream from your package,

if you dont have video and you are on moca there will be times the speed test will vary due to the limitation of the wiring you might get speed results of like 95 to 97which is normal but it would be up to you because at any time it can be changed from moca to ethernet but the wiring is the long part

0 Likes