Fios 25/25 Intermittent Connection
canslow

I currently have a MI424WR-GEN2 router.  For some reason. For the last 2 days, I have have severe connections issues.  I've checked my firmware, the cabling, rebooted everything, reset everything to defaults, and still no help. I contacted tech support and they released the lease on my DHCP to allow for a new "stable" IP to be given, but then it only took 2 hours to get a connections back.  Now I'm lucky if I can run 2 webpages at the same time without losing connection. All of our systems  are doing this and there seems to be nothing we can do.  Has anyone ever heard of this problem?  I would just like it fixed so I can continue my gaming (I'm a beta tester in my spare time.)  Constantly disconnecting is a really pain for me.   Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Fios 25/25 Intermittent Connection
theos2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try a hard reset.  The button next to the power switch on the router.  Similar issue months ago, and this fixed it.

What developer do you beta test for?

canslow

I've been doing alot of MMO style gaming recently. I did WOW Cata, and the new Lego game. I haven't been able to do much else due to work (military) but without steady internet I have no chance of getting my time in.

0 Likes
canslow

Well I've done the hard reboot. Hopefully, It worked.

0 Likes
TMAS2
Enthusiast - Level 2

If youre still have the long discos, and the rebooting the router didnt work...

Are you wired or wireless from the MI-424WR router to your gaming PC?

If wireless, you might consider a change in wireless channel. Possbile reason might be that your or your neighbor has a wireless phone or inet device that is on the same channel, it can interfere with your reception.    Another way to prove this, is to go hard wired to the router instead of wireless and see if the problem exists.

If the problem exists even on a wired connection between router and PC, then its not the wireless issue but rather either the router, its configuration and settings, or your WAN connection.   If this is the case, I defer to those who know this router best.  Im having trouble with it too from a quality of connection perspective, not a stable connection one.

Thank you for your military service.

Tmas