FIOs and Brinks/ADT
lawrencer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So after almost monthly Verizon Sales coming to the door to sell FIOS, we decide to move ahead with one of the bundles, phone and Internet. Verizon responds quickly to install and everything seems to be working EXCEPT:

Our working Brinks home alarm communication to the central station is not working. The Verizon Tech says he has done many installations and has never had this problem.  Brinks says it was working before FIOS so its not their issue. Verizon support is not helpful. This seems not to be an uncommon situation according to what I see on the Internet forums.

I dont want to pay Brinks to do a service call, but I would guess they would be able to figure this out. Verizon wont come out because they dont think they did anything wrong.

This is the type of thing we were afraid of with Verizon when they pitch a service, and dont leave the customer at least as satisfied after the new service as they were before.

0 Likes
Re: FIOs and Brinks/ADT
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Ian_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

We're really sorry for the troubles that you've had, and we'd like to help.  I've sent you a Private Message.  Please respond when you get an opportunity.
~Ian

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

There could be a couple of things wrong.

If you have FIOS DIgital Voice, FDV requires 10 digit dialing.  Your alarm panel must be set for 10 digit dialing if it was using 7 digit dialing before.

Was the FIOS installer aware you have an alarm panel?  The RJ31X jack which is what you alarm panel must be connected correctly to allow you alarm panel to sieze the line and dial out.

0 Likes
lawrencer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Anti-Phish wrote:

There could be a couple of things wrong.

If you have FIOS DIgital Voice, FDV requires 10 digit dialing.  Your alarm panel must be set for 10 digit dialing if it was using 7 digit dialing before.

Was the FIOS installer aware you have an alarm panel?  The RJ31X jack which is what you alarm panel must be connected correctly to allow you alarm panel to sieze the line and dial out.

The Verizon tech knew about the panel and the need to wire it correctly, but he says he did it right and said it was something wrong with the alarm wiring circuit. Brinks believes it is not wired correctly as the alarm system is not able to seize the line as you said. We are waiting a reply from Verizon to see if they will send someone else out here to take a look (which they refused with the first request).

lawrencer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I filled out the issue form as you recommended a week ago and have not had any response at all from Verizon.

It seems we  will have to escalate this issue or consider alternatives to the bundle sold to us as this has not been satisfactory.

0 Likes
Venkat1

I also have the same problem. I started Verizon Digital Voice along with Internet and TV.

Now that I am getting CP error from ADT.

And when I contact Verizon, I a told, it won't work with Digital Voice and I need to go for analog voice.

I hear in this forum that it works.

Please advise what wiring changes, if any I need to do at RJ31 and how to set up for 10-digit dialling.

0 Likes
rmastra63

I am having the same problem.  The Verizon technician who did the installation actually left my Brinks system disconnected.  I have a telephone cable connecting the Brinks system to a phone jack but the Trouble light is still on.

What are the instructions for configuring it for 10 digit dialing?

0 Likes
kahn33

Hello, 

Were you ever able to get FIOS to work with your ADT Alarm system?

thanks 

0 Likes
lrchan

I have not gotten it to work together; I ot did have an independent contractor take a look and he believes the hook up in the telephone box is incorrect. I have not been able to afford a visit by ADT to fix it. FIOS will not fix it. They never followed up on their emails seen in this forum string.

0 Likes