Fios and xbox live issues
CRZYairBORNE

Ok well ive read all the stuff on the internet about updating the firmware and it should work. My problem is I have the Gen 2 router, so the firmware isnt compatible at all. Im not even trying to do xbox live wirelessly, i have an ethernet ran. My wireless laptop and my wired desktop computer have been running awesome internet since I got FiOS installed about 4 months ago.  Just got my xbox and now im having these issues. Ive tried restarting both the router and the xbox, ive set the router settings back to default. idk what to do, help me out!!!

edit- thru the xbox network connection wizard thing, it looks like its not even seeing a connection at all. could it be i have the wrong type of cable? i just bought it, its a belkin fastcat 5e patch cable. is this the right type of cable?

Message Edited by CRZYairBORNE on 08-08-2009 03:18 PM
0 Likes
Re: Fios and xbox live issues
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Cable type is fine.

Couple things to check....

1. make sure the cable is plugged into one of the lan ports on the router (yellow plugs) not the wan connection (white plug). Easy to make the mistake if you have coax style internet via fios.
  2. If connected correctly, do a quick loop test with the cable to make sure that cable is ok. Take both ends of the cable and plug both ends into the router. for example, plug end one in port one and end two in port two. make sure that both lights light up. If not likely bad cable. If so, cable is likely OK.
  3. If cable tests OK, and you have it connected correctly to the lan, then the problem is likely with the Nic on the Xbox. Try going into the network settings in the xbox and reset to defaults on the xbox.
0 Likes