Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network

SOLVED
tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network

Message 21 of 38
(1,451 Views)

REports elsewhere point to a DSLREPORT thread that now shows a Certificate problem exists and must be updated.  Verizon and Samsung are said to be working on it.

AMB22
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 38
(1,392 Views)
Any updates on this? It's been nearly two weeks and still nothing from Verizon. Horrible service.
Thomas8266
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 38
(1,266 Views)

Same thing here, Brand new Samsung HD tv and for last twoo weeks it has been stuck on Detecting Network.

Hello Verizon... let get some answers! Last update to the app was done in 2012.

No wonder Comcast is doing so well rite now.

tns2
Platinum Contributor III

Message 24 of 38
(1,263 Views)

As said a certificate problem and being worked on.

Samsung needs to give Verizon the updated certificate, Verizon needs to incorporate it into a new version (perhaps another party doing the actual software, then it needs to back to Samsung to include in its distribution.

neworder
Contributor
Contributor

Message 25 of 38
(1,227 Views)
Me too happen 2 weeks ago, my samsung and LG both does the same thing , detecting network, sucks time to cancel my fios TV if this don't resolved soon
Jerry0
Contributor
Contributor

Message 26 of 38
(1,137 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  {edited for privacy}

Jerry0
Contributor
Contributor

Message 27 of 38
(1,132 Views)
As of today Verizon claims that it's a Samsung issue and is waiting for Samsung to fix it.
tns2
Platinum Contributor III

Message 28 of 38
(1,112 Views)

@Jerry0 wrote:
As of today Verizon claims that it's a Samsung issue and is waiting for Samsung to fix it.

Yes and no.  ITs a samsung certificate, but must be incorporated into Verizon's software.  The two of them ARE woking on it.

Jerry0
Contributor
Contributor

Message 29 of 38
(1,083 Views)

@tns_2 wrote:

@Jerry0 wrote:

Yes and no.  ITs a samsung certificate, but must be incorporated into Verizon's software.  The two of them ARE woking on it.

Yep, and I believe you.  Having written a Samsung App I can tell you that the app will need to be recertified and that process takes some time... unfortunately for us.  The real question (I think) is whether or not Verizon is releasing other updates along with the certificate change.  If so, the certification process may take longer.  If not, then Samsung needs a way to allow Verizon to expedite certification for non-substantive changes (like just the certificate), otherwise it's going to cost their customer's (like Verizon) business.  I basically have a useless TV now.  2 weeks (and counting) is too long of a disruption of service for who-knows-how-many customers on a national scale.

Bichon3
Contributor
Contributor

Message 30 of 38
(1,030 Views)

Checked our Samsung TV today and the FIOS APP DISAPPEARED!!  It is not available when checking the Samsung Apps button.

It sure would be nice if customer service at both Verizon and Samsung would give some straightforward info rather than waisting our time sitting on hold to get answers!!  Very disgusted with Verizon as well as Samsung.

Someone has to know what happened and a potential fix date.  Maybe there will not be a fix?????

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title