Re: FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

REports elsewhere point to a DSLREPORT thread that now shows a Certificate problem exists and must be updated.  Verizon and Samsung are said to be working on it.

0 Likes
AMB221
Any updates on this? It's been nearly two weeks and still nothing from Verizon. Horrible service.
0 Likes
Thomas8266

Same thing here, Brand new Samsung HD tv and for last twoo weeks it has been stuck on Detecting Network.

Hello Verizon... let get some answers! Last update to the app was done in 2012.

No wonder Comcast is doing so well rite now.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As said a certificate problem and being worked on.

Samsung needs to give Verizon the updated certificate, Verizon needs to incorporate it into a new version (perhaps another party doing the actual software, then it needs to back to Samsung to include in its distribution.

0 Likes
neworder
Me too happen 2 weeks ago, my samsung and LG both does the same thing , detecting network, sucks time to cancel my fios TV if this don't resolved soon
0 Likes
Jerry8426

I'm having the same issue.  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Jerry8426
As of today Verizon claims that it's a Samsung issue and is waiting for Samsung to fix it.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Jerry0 wrote:
As of today Verizon claims that it's a Samsung issue and is waiting for Samsung to fix it.

Yes and no.  ITs a samsung certificate, but must be incorporated into Verizon's software.  The two of them ARE woking on it.

0 Likes
Jerry8426

@tns_2 wrote:

@Jerry0 wrote:

Yes and no.  ITs a samsung certificate, but must be incorporated into Verizon's software.  The two of them ARE woking on it.

Yep, and I believe you.  Having written a Samsung App I can tell you that the app will need to be recertified and that process takes some time... unfortunately for us.  The real question (I think) is whether or not Verizon is releasing other updates along with the certificate change.  If so, the certification process may take longer.  If not, then Samsung needs a way to allow Verizon to expedite certification for non-substantive changes (like just the certificate), otherwise it's going to cost their customer's (like Verizon) business.  I basically have a useless TV now.  2 weeks (and counting) is too long of a disruption of service for who-knows-how-many customers on a national scale.

0 Likes
Bichon3

Checked our Samsung TV today and the FIOS APP DISAPPEARED!!  It is not available when checking the Samsung Apps button.

It sure would be nice if customer service at both Verizon and Samsung would give some straightforward info rather than waisting our time sitting on hold to get answers!!  Very disgusted with Verizon as well as Samsung.

Someone has to know what happened and a potential fix date.  Maybe there will not be a fix?????

0 Likes