And now the app has disappeared, I guess we have our answer on a fix
0 Likes
Re: FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Odin wrote:
And now the app has disappeared, I guess we have our answer on a fix

Not necessarily although it doesn't bode well.  It could have just been pulled for now since it doesn't work at the moment.

0 Likes
BloodFAN
Enthusiast - Level 1
My Samsung Apps updated today. The only change that I saw was that it deleted the FIOS app.
candk610
Enthusiast - Level 1

The FiOS app seems to have completely disappeared from the Samsung SMART TV app store and my TV as well.

As we don't have a set top box (by choice), this is the only way we access our Verzion TV service.

Do we have an ETA on a fix?

0 Likes
neworder

good luck waiting for this, this is my only way to watch the HD content in my house, now its not working on all my TV, LG and Samsung. guess they want to get you to rent their settop box. Canceling  the TV service

0 Likes
nb2a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally have had success with info from Samsung. It seems with my Samsung TV it has to be updated via the USB with a file that is more updated than what the TV had. If you interrogate it online it says TV is up to date when it is actually not. The Fios app works fine now after updating TV with latest file from Samsung.

0 Likes
fireproofdelta
Enthusiast - Level 1

how did you get this file from Samsung?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@nb2a wrote:

I finally have had success with info from Samsung. It seems with my Samsung TV it has to be updated via the USB with a file that is more updated than what the TV had. If you interrogate it online it says TV is up to date when it is actually not. The Fios app works fine now after updating TV with latest file from Samsung.

What year model series.  For example mine in FL are "E" series (2012-2013 models).  And what version of the Software do you now show.  My PN64E8000 shows T-ECPAKUC-1056.5 (1056) and Samsung apps 1.125.

IF its really now fixed, we need more info from Samsung and Verizon.

0 Likes