FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network
iambennett

This is not an isolated probem - its seen that across multiple forums

The samsung fios app stopped working a few days ago. It is stuck on "Detecting nework"

No changes on my side - OUTAGE on FIOS side

This is a systemwide FIOS issue - please fix ASAP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS APP on samsung stuck on detecting network
nb2a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally have had success with info from Samsung. It seems with my Samsung TV it has to be updated via the USB with a file that is more updated than what the TV had. If you interrogate it online it says TV is up to date when it is actually not. The Fios app works fine now after updating TV with latest file from Samsung.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
videoterry

Me too, this is quite annoying-

I have a Samsung S4 on Verizon family plan. Get either HTTP_300 or _598 error, or "there is a network issue" - yesterday, later, or tomorrow, every time I try to load FIOS Mobile. App used to work fine at least when I had a MOTO RazrMaxx. DVR manager does work from the phone if I go to regular FIOS TV website, but it's awkward since it is not optimized for mobile.Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Odin1
Enthusiast - Level 1
Same on my kids Samsung tv. Fios tv app just sticks at detecting network never even sends an error code. Tried restting lots of stuff on tv and my Verizon router no change
0 Likes
Bichon3

We are having the same problem with our Fios App on our Samsung TV.  We have had the TV for about 3 years and all has been well.  Tried to use it this weekend, Oct. 18-19 (in a spare room and not used all the time); and it would not connect.  After selecting the App on the smart screen, the screen says "Welcome to Fios TV"  and then the "detecting network" indicator just spins and never connects!! 

Spent much time talking to Verizon, and they said it was Samsung's problem.  Spent hours on the phone with the technical department of Samsung.  All had been updated already.  We uninstalled, reinstalled the app.  Took the TV back to its factory settings.  Samsung took over the TV and went through every possible situation.  No Fix....they told us it is a problem with the Fios TV App and to call Verizon again.  I am thoroughly disgusted with Verizon.  This issue had already been posted on the Forum which they did not mention. 

BTY we can use the browser to connect to the internet so it appears the App is not finding the network!?

0 Likes
tbene
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on both of my Samsung TV's.  It used to work fine and now they both hang at detecting network.

There have been no changes to my home network.  I also tried removing and reinstalling the application.

All other "Internet" based applications are working fine. 

Both TV's are hard wired not wireless.

Please Help. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

post deleted.

0 Likes
iambennett
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Sorry I meant the LG app is being retired.

0 Likes
jwtroia

Not that anyone needs anymore validation, but we are experiencing the same outage as everyone above.  Been going on for about the same time - Since about Oct 18/19.

We do not have cable in our room, so we need this figured out ASAP.

I just received an email from Verizon saying that they are updating their FIOS interface on all our deviced on Thursday - Hoping this update might fix the problem?

0 Likes
Fitzbp
Same problem here . Was working fine until recently. Samsung TV problem. Works on Apple devices. PLEASE FIX!
0 Likes