Fios at a newly built home
Ant_1984

My house was built in 2018. The builder had FIOS ran from the main line on the street to the utilities box in my front yard and then up to my house. I have a Verizon box in my yard and a big thick Verizon FIOS cable sticking out of the ground on the side of my house.  When I first moved in, I called for installation but the reps state FIOS is not in my area.  I explained that all of my neighbors have it 360 degrees around my house. I explained everything above to the rep and they still insisted that service is not available in my area.  After fighting for a few months, I gave up.  Last year I tried again. This time I explained everything again and they tried telling me the same thing. Only this time the rep submitted something and someone from Verizon actually showed up at my house to see what was going on. No one contacted me they just showed up. I spoke to the guy and showed him all the lines. He told me that I was right, service is available in my area and at my address. He said that it wouldn't be a problem to have service connected and that someone would be contacting me soon.  That was over 6 months ago. 

I can’t get in touch with anyone local. I am thinking about stopping when I see a Verizon technician and try to get some help from them. This is unacceptable that I can’t get service or even a straight answer as to why they can’t start my service. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios at a newly built home
jonjones1
Legend

Try going here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

it is a separate forum manned by Verizon people. It is secure and private and no one other than Verizon can see your issue.

ask for a FAST TICKET and explain in detail the issue. It is quite possible Verizon never put your address into their database.

verizon at DSL Report's can help. You may have to join dslreports prior to posting in Verizon direct but it is free. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can contact the social media support team at any time on Facebook and Twitter. I believe they respond to customers faster on social media channels than DSLReports. You can be escalated to them here as well (but takes longer).

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I don’t know how Verizon is when on Facebook, however on Twitter they are terrible.

however like most things in life it depends on who responds, who is just there to shine you on to not help but sell you goods and services.

the forum at DSL Reports is noted for their service to Verizon issues. Just google the experience people have at Twitter and be shaking your head.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are all handled by the same team. You should expect quality service on any of the platforms. Their priorities are Facebook and Twitter, and a customer is likely to get faster support through social media channels.

jonjones1
Legend

That is what I was informed on many occasions. (All the same social media people)

however I tested out the Twitter feed as well as regular chat. And if I could have taken screen shots of the waste of time I received and the false information given. (yes I was baiting them) for the record I have used telephone services for actual issues and the wireless people are very good. And the Fios phone service was good when calling at 8 am EDT so like I said it is hit or miss. 

0 Likes