FIOS does not work on the web/ I get to the website and it refuses to load. Working at home
DonHamme

I either have to stop doing my phone work, tie up a line on hold or have no computer information available when talking with a tense client. I am going to go cut the grass and forget about the GDP of the country. Our time will come when a new service starts looking for customers. When Veriaon started FIOS there were sales people from Comcast and Verizon at our door weekly. Even before Covid-19 they would not send tech help out even though I am almost 80 and have been a client for decades.They are rude to my wife when she goes into their store to pay our bill and they refuse to provide enough people to support the phone operation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FIOS does not work on the web/ I get to the website and it refuses to load. Working at home
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

So is there a problem that those of us -- who are just users and not associated with Verizon -- can help you with or are you just venting?

While you can easily get Verizon to send a technician out to your site (well perhaps not right now), it will cost you for a "truck roll" and their ability really will be limited to getting the service to work to the handoff from their network.   Assuming that is likely not the your problem from your description ... but perhaps some more specific to your equipment and home network setup just based on personal experience.

I will say that if technology eludes you -- and it eludes many who aren't directly in the industry professionally so don't take wrong -- asking a third party to assist rather than Verizon may be a better option for you.   There are, I'm sure, numerous local professionals who would be glad to come out and get everything setup and working for you for a reasonable hourly fee -- and better still, they will do whatever computer setup/configuration work you need done.   You may want to consider supporting a local business and seek one out.   

View solution in original post

Re: FIOS does not work on the web/ I get to the website and it refuses to load. Working at home
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

So is there a problem that those of us -- who are just users and not associated with Verizon -- can help you with or are you just venting?

While you can easily get Verizon to send a technician out to your site (well perhaps not right now), it will cost you for a "truck roll" and their ability really will be limited to getting the service to work to the handoff from their network.   Assuming that is likely not the your problem from your description ... but perhaps some more specific to your equipment and home network setup just based on personal experience.

I will say that if technology eludes you -- and it eludes many who aren't directly in the industry professionally so don't take wrong -- asking a third party to assist rather than Verizon may be a better option for you.   There are, I'm sure, numerous local professionals who would be glad to come out and get everything setup and working for you for a reasonable hourly fee -- and better still, they will do whatever computer setup/configuration work you need done.   You may want to consider supporting a local business and seek one out.   

jonjones1
Legend

Follow the instructions here:

https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/flush-dns/

if you are running Windows it is very easy to do.

best of luck

0 Likes