Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

FIOS download speed at 30MB, not 50MB

dkrasnick
Contributor
Contributor

FIOS download speed at 30MB, not 50MB

Message 1 of 4
(1,560 Views)

I just received a noticed that my FIOS internet access had been upgraded to "ultrafast Fios 50/50 Mbps internet at no extra charge" (Quantum, that is). I looked at my account settings and that change was present. When I ran the Verizon speed test my download speeds maxed out at 30 Mbps and my upload speeds were around 65 Mbps. I tested with a wired connection to my router. No other (significant) activity was going on at the time. I got the same results from multiple speed test sites and with another computer. I downloaded and ran Verizon's speed optimizer (on my Windows 7 computer) but that had no effect.  Since the download speed is topping out right at 30 Mbps it looks like it's a limit imposed by Verizon, rather than something else. How do I get the full 50 Mbps download?

3 REPLIES 3
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: FIOS download speed at 30MB, not 50MB

Message 2 of 4
(1,550 Views)

Take your results of speedtest.Verizon.net and contact support.

They should be able to investigate.

Either 1800verizon or twitter @verizonsupport

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
jonjones
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(1,529 Views)

@dkrasnick wrote:

I just received a noticed that my FIOS internet access had been upgraded to "ultrafast Fios 50/50 Mbps internet at no extra charge" (Quantum, that is). I looked at my account settings and that change was present. When I ran the Verizon speed test my download speeds maxed out at 30 Mbps and my upload speeds were around 65 Mbps. I tested with a wired connection to my router. No other (significant) activity was going on at the time. I got the same results from multiple speed test sites and with another computer. I downloaded and ran Verizon's speed optimizer (on my Windows 7 computer) but that had no effect.  Since the download speed is topping out right at 30 Mbps it looks like it's a limit imposed by Verizon, rather than something else. How do I get the full 50 Mbps download?

Might be simple provisioning issue. Like the other poster said call 1-800-VERIZON and have them troubleshoot the issue. Sometimes a simple router reset/refresh will achieve the speed you should have.

sox1918
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,492 Views)

I have the exact same issue. Free upgrade but only the upload speed has changed.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title