Fios Extender Problem WCB6200Q
Nexus77241

Hi all,

I just got a fios wcb6200q extender and it doesn’t seem to be copying my network settings. Instead, it is still broadcasting its own network. Anyone have any advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Extender Problem WCB6200Q
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's likely that some of the lights will blink when there is network traffic flowing. I don't have the WCB6200Q myself, but I would expect the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz lights would blink if wireless devices are attached and sending or receiving data. If you have connected something to either of the Ethernet ports on the back of the WCB6200Q, those would blink as well. When I say, "blink," I'm talking about a fairly fast flicker of the light rather than some consistent, timed blink (like one consistent blink every 15 seconds or so).

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What router do you have it paired with?

Nexus77241

The quantum g1100

0 Likes
Nexus77241

So I think I got it to work. It adopted the old network name and settings but now the lights are blinking. Is that normal?

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's likely that some of the lights will blink when there is network traffic flowing. I don't have the WCB6200Q myself, but I would expect the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz lights would blink if wireless devices are attached and sending or receiving data. If you have connected something to either of the Ethernet ports on the back of the WCB6200Q, those would blink as well. When I say, "blink," I'm talking about a fairly fast flicker of the light rather than some consistent, timed blink (like one consistent blink every 15 seconds or so).