FiOS Extender with additional MOCA adapters
MyMonstroddity
Enthusiast - Level 1

FiOS installed a WiFi Network Extender with Bonded MoCA (WCB6200Q). I have also purchased a two-pack of Actiontec Bonded MoCA 2.0 Ethernet to Coax Adapters. My question is this: If the Verizon FiOS Extender is a MOCA adapter, then can I use the Actiontechs I purchased in different rooms without having to hook up one of the adapters to my modem/router per the Actiontech instructions? I understand why you might need to without the FiOS Extender in your home, but I guess another way of asking is "Does the Extender count as the primary MOCA adapter in the scenario?"

Thank you in advance. Here is the quick setup guide from. Here is the product page as well. 

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Extender with additional MOCA adapters
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
MyMonstroddity
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe in that the FAQ suggests you can use other non-Verizon extenders. However, I want to use both the supplied VZ extender and two third party MOCA adapters. I don't want to waste one of the adapters and connect it to the VZ Extender per the suggestion by Actiontech quickstart guide (Assuming the Extender is the router since my gateway is in my garage). 

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes a picture  clarifies things for you..and others 

Suggest you do this for your set up

You might find that YOU have answered your own question