FiOS Failure for 10 Days
DaveB_19118

Day 10 of Fios Failure

I have had Verizon Fios, triple play, since July with no technical issues.  Suddenly, on Sunday, September 29,  Fios is down.  I contact Verizon support, and the next day, Monday, a Verizon technician spends an entire afternoon assessing and replacing all components.  And to no avail; nothing fixes the issue.  Restart the Fios box, and all is well for ten minutes, then everything goes down.  Next day, my ticket has been closed.  No one gets back to me to communicate what next steps will be taken.  I enter another Verizon service ticket, and am scheduled for several days later, but after an hour on chat get the approval of the support supervisor for  a next day service call, and the next day, Wednesday, another technician spends an entire afternoon assessing and replacing equipment -nothing remediates it.  The following day, that service ticket is closed.  So I request, again, another service call, and the original service technician returns, assess everything for the third time, and am informed that nothing is wrong with my equipment. (Both technicians seemed highly skilled and professional in all they did.)  Finally on Saturday, a Verizon truck shows up near my house, the external line is checked at the Verizon green box on the street, repairs are made, and same issue -not working.  The service person makes some calls, I get a call back from a Verizon person, am told that nothing is wrong with the equipment in my house, it may be a system issue, and that I would get a call first thing Monday morning.  So Monday, day nine of Fios failure, no calls from Verizon.  I check service ticket #3 status. Closed. (Does "closed" mean repaired?)  Tuesday, Day 10 of Fios failure,  I call and get through to a Verizon person.  He will make contact again with the people who will call me within 15 minutes.  Here I wait, the clock is ticking.

0 Likes