Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Fios G3100 Static Routes failed

DasTaco
Contributor
Contributor

Fios G3100 Static Routes failed

Message 1 of 1
(522 Views)

Trying to setup Wireguard VPN on a nas box of mine and everything works great except for routing outside of the nas while connected to the VPN.

Router: 192.168.4.1
NAS server: 192.168.4.3
NAS Server WG: 10.253.0.1
NAS peer: 10.253.0.2

Basically I'm looking to expose the LAN network to my wireguard client, but that'll require a Static Route to be setup. Without it, my VPN works fine, I can connect to the VPN (port forwarding works) and I can see my NAS box, my router, and myself in a netscan. However, the other IPs are inaccessible. My understanding is the static route would be:
Dest: 10.253.0.0
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.4.3

However, everytime I add this route or any other route, I get "failed" for a status. I tried calling support, they basically shifted the phone call around before hanging up, so that's a loss. Anything I'm missing?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title