FIOS G3100 / UPnP
BarrenSoldier

For anyone that is curious , i just forced my G3100 to the latest firmware and tested UPnP, it still doesn't forward ports properly resulting in moderate NAT. I plugged my G1100 back in. 

Does anyone use the G3100 and not have this problem ? and if you do have the problem you forward everything manually ? 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS G3100 / UPnP
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can manually forward ports normally through G3100. What kind of UPnP software are you using? I can replicate the setup behind a G3100 to test.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Cang_Household wrote:

I can manually forward ports normally through G3100. What kind of UPnP software are you using? I can replicate the setup behind a G3100 to test.

While waiting for the OP to reply, I will add a few cents.

#1 Con side - Talk about creapy about UPnP:

a) What do you mean an user can open ports automatic without asked for the NAT router's control password? !!

b) Just because UPnP is disabled on the LAN side does not mean that is disable on the WAN Side! Sample report REF = https://www.grc.com/su/UPnP-Exposed.htm

#2 However there is a Pro side to most things, including: UPnP.

-> I have heard/read that to get NAT Type 2 or what it called on two game consoles with only one public IP Address, is to use UPnP.

However I do not have more than one game console multiplayer networked games, so I have no idea if that is true or not. The only games that I have for my game consoles are either single player or multiplayer hotseat (Two Exs: Wii Sports, PS4 Lego City Under Cover).

BarrenSoldier

So my test subjects are destiny 2 and Call of Duty, only games that I have on PC right now that show that info. Other games like FF14 and Rainbow Six are dedicated so NAT doesn't matter. 

Also a while ago I tested my port forwarding manually just to see if it worked on the G3100 and was successful. I did UDP 3074 for call of duty and UDP 3097 for Destiny 2. I just don't know the extent how many applications need this. Destiny 2 uses steam, do I need to forward all those ports now too? COD uses Battlenet, do I need to forward everything for that ? etc.  Thats my question. 

0 Likes