FIOS Gigabit “Setup” charge
evomr2008

I just recently upgraded to Fios gigabit (I’ve been a fios customer since Dec 2015 and wireless customer since 2008) and I was charged a $100 fee for nothing. The technician came out to the house, looked at my equipment and  didn’t have to replace any hardware. All he did was ensure I was getting the correct speed which I am still not getting anything above my 100/100 I was upgrading from. The tech was talking with the Verizon people in the back end and said I should be good within 30 minutes of him leaving. Over 24 hrs later I am still getting the same speed. I called Verizon today and they said they would look into this issue and call back by 6pm Eastern. I have not heard back from them and it’s just about 7pm. I should not have to pay a setup fee if there was nothing to setup and I am still not getting what I paid for.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Gigabit “Setup” charge
jonjones1
Legend

I did not get this setup fee. However when I upgraded it took 72 hours to have Verizon provision for the higher gigabyte speeds. 

You must use turn off your router (totally unplug it for about 5-10 minutes) then plug it back in.

hook a ethernet cable in one of the lan ports and another into your computer, laptop or tablet and test the speed here 

https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/

The test is not on WiFi you should see 940/880 up to speeds per Fios.

if not call Verizon and have them troubleshoot.

0 Likes