FiOS in Newark, NJ
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3
Does anyone have any credible information pertaining to the availability of FiOS in Newark, NJ? ...more specifically around 12th & Bergen? I know there is a map of availability but that map is not managed by Verizon. Also, Verizon customer service has no idea. Any information would be appreciated.
0 Likes
Re: FiOS in Newark, NJ
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found some very disturbing (or interesting depending on your perspective). I found two FiOS maps. One is from dslreports and the other is from fiosavail (presumably managed by Verizon.

Here is a link to the first map...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/mphenterprisesnj/dslreports.jpg

Notice how there are clusters of FiOS subscriptions all around Newark but only two inside Newark. Now, here is a map from Verizon (not sure when this map was last updated).

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/mphenterprisesnj/fiosavail.jpg

Notice how there are numerous FiOS subscriptions around Newark itself but none in the Fairmount section of Newark (from Central to South Orange and from Grove to Bergen).

Does this mean that, for all intents and purposes, FiOS is not available in the Fairmount section of Newark. If that is the case, my original question still stands. Does anyone have any credible information as to when this area of Newark, NJ will get FiOS...if ever? I read a few threads stating that Verizon is no longer interested in upgrading areas from cooper to fiber. Instead they are concentrating on 4G LTE. Does anyone have any information pertaing to this?

0 Likes
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have any idea?

0 Likes
mhiggins8450
Enthusiast - Level 3

Resurrecting this thread again. Are there any Verizon mods or employees that can shed some light on this?

0 Likes
4everpleased
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those who care, we just got FiOS in that particular area (Fairmount section of Newark, NJ - right above University Heights).

The technican told us that any city that currently has FiOS will ultimately get full saturation within the next year or so. Any city that does not have any FiOS service at this time will not get FiOS at all. I hope that helps.

0 Likes