FIOS in Suffern, NY
bratan
Enthusiast - Level 1
I've seen press releases that FIOS is being deployed in Suffern as far as 2-3 years ago, yet my address check still shows that FIOS is not available... Just wondering if there's any more information I can get from someone at Verizion if FIOS will ever happen in my neighborhood... Just FYI I live in Stonegate Community. Anyone here from Suffern who actually has FIOS already?
0 Likes
Re: FIOS in Suffern, NY
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

A couple things you can do.

There is a chance it's in the area but your address is messed up in the database. Try your immediate neighbours addresses in the lookup by address tool to see if that is the case. If so call and insist on a ticket to Engineering to verify your address

Next there could be a hangup with the local government approval for your town. Verizon needs to have a franchise agreement in place. Not sure how you check on the status of this.

If everything is in place but Verizon has not started running the fiber in your town/neighbourhood then the odds of getting any specifics are pretty slim. Verizon has put new market rollouts on hold while they work to increase the uptake in their extisting footprint. They are still running fiber as part of that first wave if the process was already started. But I've never seen any type of official timelines or estimates by Verizon for any area.

Re: FIOS in Suffern, NY
bratan
Enthusiast - Level 1
Thank you for your reply! I checked few addresses on my street, doesn't look like anyone has it but there's service on nearby streets about .5 miles away still in Suffern... Not sure if there's any way I can get a response from Verizon on what's holding up deployment in my area...
0 Likes