FiOS in Suffolk, VA?
mikesingleton1
Enthusiast - Level 1
When will FiOS come to Suffolk, VA? I am a angry Charter customer who wants to upgrade to FiOS but am unable to because the technology has not been installed in our area. Any idea when/if it will come to Suffolk? Thanks in advance.
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS in Suffolk, VA?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon has community pages, and some of the community pages include construction plans for FiOS.

This is your community page, and here are the FTTP Construction Locations  Unfortunately I don't see Suffolk in the list, but take a look - you can try the street name, maybe it is in your location and I just didn't see it.  

@mikesingleton1 wrote:
When will FiOS come to Suffolk, VA? I am a angry Charter customer who wants to upgrade to FiOS but am unable to because the technology has not been installed in our area. Any idea when/if it will come to Suffolk? Thanks in advance.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon has community pages, and some of the community pages include construction plans for FiOS.

This is your community page, and here are the FTTP Construction Locations  Unfortunately I don't see Suffolk in the list, but take a look - you can try the street name, maybe it is in your location and I just didn't see it.  

@mikesingleton1 wrote:
mikesingleton1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!  I'll take a look at those pages.

kcall007

This was posted about two years ago.  Have there been any updates to the plans for Suffolk, VA?

0 Likes
SLThomas

This is decidedly NOT solved - the links provided are 404 - Not Found.

There is no info, no solution, and no FIOS. And the DSL is one of the slowest in the USA (supposedly 3Mbps, but rarely gets over 1.5Mbps actual - in the backwoods of Maine we got nearly 7Mbps!).

What needs to be done to get more info, and to get FIOS here?

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SLThomas wrote:

This is decidedly NOT solved - the links provided are 404 - Not Found.

There is no info, no solution, and no FIOS. And the DSL is one of the slowest in the USA (supposedly 3Mbps, but rarely gets over 1.5Mbps actual - in the backwoods of Maine we got nearly 7Mbps!).

What needs to be done to get more info, and to get FIOS here?

Probably not 404 not found 3 YEARS AGO when the solution was posted.

This is a peer support group.  We are just users not Verizon.  You need to talk to customer support.

0 Likes
Not applicable

They wont and here is why.  Suffolk has a policy that if you want to install cable/internet in Suffolk you have to do all of Suffolk.  That means even remote locations where only 1 or 2 people live.  Becasue of this it is not fesiable for Verizon to install Fiber to locations where it can only get 1 subscriber.  Most towns or cities in VA have rules/laws that they must give equal footing to all providers.  That means if they force Charter to install cable everywhere they must also make Verizon install cable everywhere.  It stinks but the only way to get this changed is by changing the laws of Suffolk.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes