Fios Installation Complaint
Meeme17

I ordered Fios Internet on June 13 to be installed on June 18, 2-4 PM. The technician came and looked for the fiber optic cables and gateway box. He stated that the unit did not have the proper hookup for installation. This took over an hour. I was frustrated at this point because I asked the agent if Verizon was available in this unit because it was made unclear to me when I moved in. The agent assured me that Verizon was able. The technician called dispatch to schedule construction and installation for the next day, June 19, 1-5 PM. He assured me that everything would be done in this time frame because I was concerned that the service would be unavailable in the unit. The construction person came and installed the fiber optic cable. Then, I waited for the technician to come. Needless to say that he did not show up. I checked my order status and noticed it was rescheduled to June 27. I was not notified in any way about the changes to my order. I called customer service, there was an hour wait time. I called again and was connected to an agent. He stated that there was no record of the appt. he proceeded to call dispatch and get things sorted out. He was very rude. He kept putting me on hold stating that it takes time to get things sorted. He would not listen to my explanation of what had happened. He basically stated that he couldn't trust in what I was telling him because there was no record. He provided me an explanation after an hour of putting me on hold. He stated that the would schedule an installation date of June 24. When he tried to confirm this date, he stated that they weren't able to confirm because they have no record of the cable installation. I told him that they guy came today. Again, he stated that he could not believe in what I was saying because there was no record. He then stated that there was nothing that he can do but wait until there was confirmation of the cable installation. At this point, I am beyond frustrated. I asked to file a formal complaint. He directed me to the escalation team supervisor. I explained the situation and he stated the the agent was correct and there was nothing that could be done at that time.  I asked why there was no record of the cable installation. I expressed concern that I allowed a stranger into my home, assuming that it was for Verizon, who did some construction to install the cable through the unit. He understood my concern and stated that they use a third-party company to install the cable. He stated that he would have an escalation team supervisor call me the next morning, today, to reschedule the installation and give me an update. I have yet to receive a phone call from anyone. I filed a formal complaint with a case number, but considering the escalation team is not getting back to me, what should I do at this point. I have wasted over 9 hours on this. Who would I need to talk with to get this installation done?

0 Likes
Re: Fios Installation Complaint
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Meeme17,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes