Fios Instillation and number for activating customer service
lah2001

I cut short a vacation to get back to my apartment this morning, March 25th 2017, by 11AM for my FIOS installation. Verizon sent me 2 texts earlier this week stating arrival time would be 11AM to 4PM. I accepted that, and also wrote to {edited for privacy}--service consultant-- to make sure of it and to get a working phone number at which I could speak to a tech person if there were any problems. Unfortunately, the phone number she emailed me did not work at all. It was only for activating the FIOS Service, not for speaking to a tech person, and it automatically cut me off.

Even though I had already CONFIRMED Verizon's arrival time at 11AM or later, on the morning of the installation I got a text at 10AM saying I should expect arrival time to be between 9:45AM and 11AM. **Why change the arrival time at the very last minute?** It's beyond inconsiderate to your customers.

I was traveling that morning, yet I managed to speak to the tech (who called me while I was driving) and make arrangements to meet him at my apartment at 11AM (as originally planned). My fiance was already in my apartment at this time.

I rushed home, but and the tech never bothered to arrive OR call us back. The call back number he'd left *did not even work* when we tried to call it ("this is not a functioning phone number" error).

So my fiance and I had to call 1-800-Verizon many times from 11AM through 3:30 PM--each time having to go through the endless process of Verizon's phone system AND explaining the situation again and again to new Version representatives. We were told several times that a tech person would be coming by 2:30PM. We emphasized again and again that the tech needed to come by 3PM because my superintendant leaves by 3:30PM on Saturdays.

Despite our repeated calling and inquiries, no Verizon tech called us back and no one showed. At 4:30PM, I had gone to the Super's workshop to see if anyone was around, and then apparently a Verizon tech called my cell phone. He called at 4:30PM without any prior calls, despite the many calls my fiance and I made to Verizon all day to find out when a tech was coming, if at all.

This entire day was very stressful for myself and my fiance; I cut short a trip to make sure FIOS got installed; I contacted my service consultant beforehand for assistance to make sure it all went smoothly, we called REPEATEDLY for information on the installation and when the tech would be arriving after not showing up; but it was all an absolute waste of my and my fiance's time.

This is all very inconsiderate of a customers' time and it makes me very dubious about continuing to do business with Verizon. I need to decide whether to even remain a Verizon customer after this debacle.

lah2001

0 Likes
Re: Fios Instillation and number for activating customer service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lah2001,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes