FIOS Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
Atheos
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had Verizon services from 2014 through 2015 and recently moved to a new place and moved my Verizon FIOS services as well. I always ordered a Self Installation kit and called Verizon to activate my services and was never charged for activation/installation and was infact given a $50 gift card for doing self installation.

When I moved to my current place, Agent said he can offer installation and activation for free and I said yes to it. Now I have my first month bill which shows Internet Activation fee $69.99.

I reall like Verizon FIOS for its quality of internet and TV, but charging a customer for Internet Activation fee which is supposed to be waived seems like not caring for a customer.

Can someone help me with this ? I tried reaching out to Customer care and I was told there are no notes on my account...How would I know about notes on my account ? My bill is due in 2 days, if this can be fixed ASAP I would really appretiate that.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet Activation Fee Not Waived
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.