Fios Internet disconnects from time to time
jiayan

Recently, I am having some problems with my Fios internet connection; everything is fine in one minute and then all of a sudden, it takes a long time to open up any webpage and the connection eventually dies.  It is happening on multiple comptuers, all using connecting through Wi-Fi.  And I will have to restart the Fios router to get everything back to normal again.   This happens several times a week these days which is really annoying.  Verizon tech support is no help.

Anyone has this problem and is there anything I can chcek or fix?  I am at the Philadelphia area.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet disconnects from time to time
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand, model, and ver of your router?

#2 Did you try trace route?

This means if you are on Windows XP and you want to trace to google.com

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in tracert google.com and press enter.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Internet disconnects from time to time
prisaz
Legend

@jiayan wrote:

Recently, I am having some problems with my Fios internet connection; everything is fine in one minute and then all of a sudden, it takes a long time to open up any webpage and the connection eventually dies.  It is happening on multiple comptuers, all using connecting through Wi-Fi.  And I will have to restart the Fios router to get everything back to normal again.   This happens several times a week these days which is really annoying.  Verizon tech support is no help.

Anyone has this problem and is there anything I can chcek or fix?  I am at the Philadelphia area.

It may be something intefering with the router. Try changing to a different wireless channel on the router. Here is a good posting from a Verizon Employee, that explains how to do that.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Why-do-I-loose-my-wireless-connection/m-p/13341#M2135