Fios internet drops connection every day
Jollyrodger85

I've had fios for a little over a month.  About 2 days after install the connection started to drop.  The wireless router is still broadcasting signal but all devices say failed to establish IP address.  If I reset the router it fixes it about 50% of the time but this happens several times a day.  I have contacted the help desk and they just reset the router and once the connection is alive again they close the ticket.  They have replaced the router as well as the ONT box on the outside with no fix.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Fios internet drops connection every day
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you are using wireless try connecting with ethernet instead to narrow down the issue. If it still drops the connection then you may either have a faulty ONT or bad wiring between the ONT and router.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Telcoguru wrote:

If you are using wireless try connecting with ethernet instead to narrow down the issue. If it still drops the connection then you may either have a faulty ONT or bad wiring between the ONT and router.

Suspect may be the splitter

0 Likes
Jollyrodger85
My PS4 is hardwired and phones laptop iPad are wireless. Fails on both sides. Had another tech come today and he switched my router to channel 9 to see if that works. Im not so optimistic
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If it fails hardwired then what good is it to change the wireless to channel 9.

0 Likes